Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I started teaching myself a new workflow on Mixbus
(02-09-2017, 06:46 AM)the C.L.A. Wrote: I played with RMS normalize several weeks ago and found it to not really be much of use as it is now. It also takes areas into the calculation where there is nothing being played at all - so more empty/silent/quiet space in regions results in higher region boost.

I chatted with Robin about that and we had some ideas to improve the situation, but there is only so much time in a day... So I guess it will take a little more (probably after MB4 release) until this will be adressed.

I'd not got around to trying it with RMS, I did wonder if that would be a problem.

I've kinda got used to the wrongness of using peaks as it can give a quick heads up on where compression is needed. But the waveform display mostly means I don't use this as much as I'd like to - roll on the day when I can set the display height separately to region gain... logarithmic just looks wrong to me..

Messages In This Thread
RE: I started teaching myself a new workflow on Mixbus - by Domino - 02-09-2017, 07:43 AM