Harrison Mixbus Forum
Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - Printable Version

+- Harrison Mixbus Forum (https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com)
+-- Forum: Mixbus User Forum (https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Mixbus Support (Windows) (https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs (/thread-9537.html)

Pages: 1 2

Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - profvonsok - 10-08-2020

A friend who is demo'ing Mixbus 6 on Windows 10 can't seem to get his Waves plugins to be recognized. Harrison support has been less than helpful citing that they can't guarantee which plugins will work in Mixbus 6 as if Waves was some fringe developer who's plugs don't work in every other DAW. HIs waves plugs work fine in Reaper so it has to be a Mixbus issue. I was hoping someone here would have any tips to getting Waves to work in Mixbus 6. I've tried clearing caches and rescanning.
Is Mixbus 6 scanning for the folder location of the waveshells?? Are others able to get their waves plugs working without these issues?? This can't be an isolated occurrence. Any assistance appreciated.

RE: Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - MakerDP - 10-08-2020

There are some helpful articles in Waves' support section on this topic. It is actually a pretty common occurrence with Waves stuff in all DAWs... they do seem to do things differently than other developers. Waves Central can be a pain to get working right sometimes. Happened to me many many times in Studio One.

RE: Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - Studiodawg - 10-08-2020

My Waves plug-ins were available in V5, but are missing in V6. Do we have a real answer here on our Mixbus Forums on how to remedy this small-scale situation? Thanks.

RE: Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - profvonsok - 10-08-2020

If the Waves plugs are older versions I can see how Harrison might not be able to support them in Mixbus 6. But my friends Waves is the current and trying to run on the current version of Mixbus. Harrison should be able to definitively support that and instruct Mixbus users how to get it working.

RE: Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - MakerDP - 10-08-2020

One thing to try: If they are working in another DAW on the same computer, go look at the plugin paths there and copy them exactly into Mixbus.
I just installed Mixbus for the first time and all of my Waves plugins show up without any issues, but I made sure my paths were the same as Studio One's (my other DAW) and then did a manual plugin scan.

Did you go to the Waves support section on their website? They have a couple articles on what to do if your plugins do not appear in your DAW. The only way I can imagine it has anything to do with Mixbus is if your plugin paths are not correct in Mixbus (the Waves articles address this) or if your friend installed the VST3 versions only.

RE: Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - profvonsok - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 04:23 PM)MakerDP Wrote: The only way I can imagine it has anything to do with Mixbus is if your plugin paths are not correct in Mixbus (the Waves articles address this) or if your friend installed the VST3 versions only.

Now this might be something. Does Mixbus 6 not support VST3????

RE: Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - Dingo - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 04:49 PM)profvonsok Wrote: Now this might be something. Does Mixbus 6 not support VST3????

Mixbus does not currently support VST3, but it is in the pipeline.

RE: Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - Dirk Offringa - 10-09-2020

Waves uses VST shell technology as well as iLOK. Both can be sources of issues. Vst Shell is a gateway that connects the DAW to the actual plugins. The DAW must specifically support this technology.

This often fails with cracked versions, but as a legit customer, your friend is entitled to obtain first class support from Waves: I'd suggest contacting them about the issue.

RE: Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - bmoney - 11-01-2020

FYI, I'm a new MB user in the same boat. I have a super fast dual boot machine. After decades on a mac, I've been trying to preempt apples move to ARM and the end of Hackintosh, by trying to migrate to windows which is proving to be a nightmare of endless problems. My totally legal version of waves 12 (and 11) isn't recognized by mixbus on latest W10 (Same on my W10 laptop). No issues in win Bitwig but GUI issues in Digital Performer. No prob on mac. Mixbus isn't officially supported by Waves and re-installing windows isn't an option (life is too short and my hackintosh shreds) so no first class (or any) official support by Waves but their tech supt staff is generally helpful and I'll give them a shout and report back.

RE: Mixbus 6 not recognizing Waves plugs - Dingo - 11-01-2020

@bmoney,
In Windows the VST folder can be in numerous places (this is not the case on macOS).
Check the manual about VST paths on WIN... http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/mixbus32c-6-live-manual/1/en/topic/plug-ins
Try a rescan, if that does not work you might need to clear the Blacklist and Cache and rescan (Preferences / Plugins / VST)
There are known graphical issues with Waves v12 on macOS and some other DAWS, so I would advise staying with an older version until the UI issues are cleared up.