Harrison Mixbus Forum
Can't Move Automation Nodes - Printable Version

+- Harrison Mixbus Forum (https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com)
+-- Forum: Mixbus User Forum (https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Mixbus Support (Windows) (https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Can't Move Automation Nodes (/thread-6987.html)

Can't Move Automation Nodes - doncolga - 01-11-2019

Hey,

I may be doing this wrong, but I can't seem to move automation nodes. I'm in draw mode, and I can click in the nodes and move them up and down, but I can't move them left and right on the timeline.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Donny

Can't Move Automation Nodes - Sthauge - 01-11-2019

Probably "Lock mode". Button up to the left in the editor. Change to 'Slide".

Mixbus32c 5.0.208 on Kubuntu Linux 64 18.04 with KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz - 12 Gb RAM

RE: Can't Move Automation Nodes - doncolga - 01-11-2019

You are a rock star sir! Thank you!

RE: Can't Move Automation Nodes - JamieLang - 01-11-2019

We should log a feature request. I want my audio(project) in lock mode 99% of the time. I actually LOVE that Mixbus HAS such a mode, and it's not the silly track by tack thing like other DAWs....that becomes hard to keep track of what's locked and what's not....anyway, I love that feature of MB....but, moving automation points that are just displayed as an overlay on the audio for visualization purposes, I find super odd that I have to unlock the whole project audio to move the non destructive visible dot. While I know (and do) just unlock and draw the automation edit....then lock again...that seems like less of an intentional thing and just a "class" rule in the code--like lock prevents ANYTHING in the project window from moving left or right.

I'd further think, though I wouldn't speak for them....that MIDI sequencer would want lock to not effect the MIDI data....and it currently does, I think.

I'd also point out that I think Mixbus NEEDS the lock because it seems SUPER easy to accidentally move things. I actually was thinking it was "me"....maybe I'm getting "old man mouse accuracy" sic....but, I'm demoing Cubase 10--which has no lock and I don't know if they require a longer click to engage a drag, or what....but, it's not only not happening by accident, I've intentionally kinda slipped and been sloppy with the mouse, and it doesn't move anything. Anyway--loosely related....I think personally it should KEEP the lock AND maybe change the click/drag selection some how....

RE: Can't Move Automation Nodes - Boydbob - 01-12-2019

Personally I like the Lock Feature.
I have accidentally moved carefully placed segments out of place too many times.
My work around was to try to set clip start points to a Snap point.

But I just discovered there is a Region Lock toggle available in X-Touch, which I set to F5.
Now I can select all parts and lock them with F5, and then unlock as needed with F5.

RE: Can't Move Automation Nodes - JamieLang - 01-13-2019

I want to be clear...I LOVE the lock mode.

I think it has no business applying to the overlaid automation point. I love it SO much...that I don't WANT to have to turn it off to draw or edit automation.

...AND I think they should look into their pointer implementation that makes it more necessary than any other DAW I've ever used. But even when/IF they get that tuned in better, I still want LOCK mode to stay.

RE: Can't Move Automation Nodes - Boydbob - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 04:19 PM)JamieLang Wrote: I want to be clear...I LOVE the lock mode.

I think it has no business applying to the overlaid automation point. I love it SO much...that I don't WANT to have to turn it off to draw or edit automation.

...AND I think they should look into their pointer implementation that makes it more necessary than any other DAW I've ever used. But even when/IF they get that tuned in better, I still want LOCK mode to stay.

Plus 100%