Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audible hiss / interference every few seconds on export.
I exported some audio for a client from a licensed version of Mixbus 8 earlier today and got audible hiss every few seconds. This appears to be the behaviour of Mixbus for unlicensed users. I did recently try Mixbus 9 to evaluate for purchase and then uninstalled it. The client work was done on Mixbus 8. I tested the license several times and see my name as being the licensed user. There is also a panel that shows licensed users and my name is clearly on there. I made sure to uninstall version 9 before working on my project. There appears to be no remedy to remove the intermittent hiss unless I redo my work on another DAW.
(02-15-2024, 03:36 PM)ikhider Wrote: I exported some audio for a client from a licensed version of Mixbus 8 earlier today and got audible hiss every few seconds. This appears to be the behaviour of Mixbus for unlicensed users. I did recently try Mixbus 9 to evaluate for purchase and then uninstalled it. The client work was done on Mixbus 8. I tested the license several times and see my name as being the licensed user. There is also a panel that shows licensed users and my name is clearly on there. I made sure to uninstall version 9 before working on my project. There appears to be no remedy to remove the intermittent hiss unless I redo my work on another DAW.

Perhaps the I is missing in your name from an incorrect copy and paste procedure.  The forum is not the same as opening a ticket in customer support.  Please provide screenshots of your Mixbus About window and of your license key.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
Hello,

I am not sure where I can add a screenshot of my license. I have text files, shall I post those?

In Linux, there is no copy and paste for licensing. I have used HM for several years now. I put the license (a text file) on my home folder and HM audits the folder at start-up and applies the license accordingly. So I have no idea where you got the 'copy and paste' approach from.

It seems like I am whistling Dixie here.
I reached out to support and they said to reinstall the text license (download the text license again). I was doubtful about this and behold, re-downloading the text file did nothing.

I thought perhaps the computer needed to be rebooted after demo of version 9 was uninstalled and then install version 8 after reboot. (Residual files from 9, perhaps...though it looks like not even rebooting cleans this).

Still intermittent noise.

Version 8 is fully licensed.

This is malware type behaviour.

Unless this is a ploy to hold my work hostage unless I upgrade to version 9.
(02-15-2024, 04:38 PM)ikhider Wrote: Hello,

I am not sure where I can add a screenshot of my license. I have text files, shall I post those?

Do not post your text licenses in the Forum.
As Nathan requested, take a screen shot of the About window and license and email them to support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

To take a screenshot in Linux

(02-15-2024, 04:38 PM)ikhider Wrote: In Linux, there is no copy and paste for licensing. I have used HM for several years now. I put the license (a text file) on my home folder and HM audits the folder at start-up and applies the license accordingly. So I have no idea where you got the 'copy and paste' approach from.

It seems like I am whistling Dixie here.

There are two ways to install the text license in Mixbus... including Linux https://mixbus.helpscoutdocs.com/article...w-computer

If you wish to add pictures to a post in this forum there are two ways:

a/ Use the insert Image link technique which will add a link to your website or an image hosting service.

b/Use the Add attachment function at the bottom the the composition window.

1. Choose an attachment or drop and drag onto the choose button

2. Once uploaded, press the Add Attachment button

3. Once that has processed, use the Insert Into Post key. This will add a square braced link: attachment=xxxx where your cursor is parked.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(02-15-2024, 06:21 PM)ikhider Wrote: I reached out to support and they said to reinstall the text license (download the text license again). I was doubtful about this and behold, re-downloading the text file did nothing.

I thought perhaps the computer needed to be rebooted after demo of version 9 was uninstalled and then install version 8 after reboot.

Do you hear the hiss in your monitoring as you work or only on Export ?
Is your license for Mixbus v8 or Mixbus 32v8 ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(02-15-2024, 06:21 PM)ikhider Wrote: I reached out to support and they said to reinstall the text license (download the text license again). I was doubtful about this and behold, re-downloading the text file did nothing.

I thought perhaps the computer needed to be rebooted after demo of version 9 was uninstalled and then install version 8 after reboot.

9/10 some users (not you in particular) either copy and paste the license wrong or do some other method.  As a form of trouble shooting it is suggested to clear the license files from your home folder and then readd the new licenses back to replace any license that would have been created wrong.  Since that clearly isn't your issue we can take that solution out of the equation.  

It has also been suggested recently to iLok Mixbus and do away with the txt file method.  I doubt this would make very many people happy as some detest iLok and prefer the txt file method. 

Harrison doesn't force anyone to upgrade against their will and your v8 should last the rest of your life if you choose to stay on that version. 
I have exhausted my usual suggestions for correcting licensing issues yet there are only so many things it could be. 

Let me know if you find another combination that resolves your issue.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(02-15-2024, 06:25 PM)Dingo Wrote:

Do you hear the hiss in your monitoring as you work or only on Export ?
Is your license for Mixbus v8 or Mixbus 32v8 ?
Only on export, not during session.
Mixbus 8.2.184 rev 8.2.184-g92a2ca830b
@Nathan@Harrison wrote "I have exhausted my usual suggestions for correcting licensing issues yet there are only so many things it could be."

Your company needs to do better not leave the client hanging.

@Dingo wrote "Do not post your text licenses in the Forum."

I will not spread malware to others.
(02-15-2024, 06:52 PM)ikhider Wrote: @Nathan@Harrison wrote "I have exhausted my usual suggestions for correcting licensing issues yet there are only so many things it could be."

Your company needs to do better not leave the client hanging.

@Dingo wrote "Do not post your text licenses in the Forum."

I will not spread malware to others.

OK if you are not getting the licensing noise burst during normal operation, but only getting it on Export then it is unlikely to be a licensing issue.

If it has been working... what has changed ? What format are you exporting to ?

Please describe the rate and duration of the noise bursts you are getting or provide a link to an example of the audio export.

Could you be hearing digital breakup, a corruption in the file or clocking noise ?

There are plenty of Linux users out there successfully using Mixbus.

Any inference that it is malware or that the factory is not supplying support is perhaps just heat of the moment stuff.

Stop and consider before blasting someone trying to help you.

I would zip up the session and post it to Harrison to see what they may find.