Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some nice features to bring back ?
For the past few weeks I've been helping a guy who wants to bring AAF import back into Ardour. And in some cases, the imported sessions didn't look how I remembered them - so I needed to fire up an old computer and run a very old version of Mixbus. And I noticed a couple of nice features - namely:-

1) When playing a session, the older Mixbus had a nice feature whereby the Playhead would stop once it reached the End marker - but now it seems to ignore the End marker and just carry on off the end of the screen. Is there a setting somewhere to make the Playhead stop?

2) The older Mixbus sure had a dated look - but one thing I liked was how obvious the ramps and fades were back then - like this:-

whereas in the modern Mixbus, ramps and fades are much more subtle and hard to see. Any way to get the older style back? (not the old fashioned look - just the clearer ramp/fade style)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(07-11-2023, 12:46 AM)johne53 Wrote: For the past few weeks I've been helping a guy who wants to bring AAF import back into Ardour. And in some cases, the imported sessions didn't look how I remembered them - so I needed to fire up an old computer and run a very old version of Mixbus. And I noticed a couple of nice features - namely:-

1) When playing a session, the older Mixbus had a nice feature whereby the Playhead would stop once it reached the End marker - but now it seems to ignore the End marker and just carry on off the end of the screen. Is there a setting somewhere to make the Playhead stop?

2) The older Mixbus sure had a dated look - but one thing I liked was how obvious the ramps and fades were back then - like this:-

whereas in the modern Mixbus, ramps and fades are much more subtle and hard to see. Any way to get the older style back? (not the old fashioned look - just the clearer ramp/fade style)

1: Preferences -> Transport -> General: Stop at the end of the session

2: Preferences -> Colors -> Transparency: crossfade alpha

:-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Good tips Jostein, thanks !
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!