Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give WebSocket Server some love?
I'm playing a bit with the WebSocket in Mixbus32C and find it potentially very useful. But I think the WebSocket needs some love for Mixbus and Mixbus32C. I'm using a tablet and having some of them around in different situations is very useful.

Here are some wishes/suggestions when running Mixbus32C:

Mix mode (:3818/builtin/mixer/)

• It's a full-screen icon there, far, far to the right, and invisible until one scrolls to the end. It works, but there's no restore icon for the normal window when in full screen. Currently, the back button on my tablet does restore the window, but it's undocumented and probably not very logical.
  • It shows even inactive and disabled channel strips and mix busses, that's too much info - and not in the same order as the GUI of Mixbus32C.
  • It should definitely be transport controls there, even in mix mode - in my opinion of course!  :-)
  • It would be nice to automatically show EQ, Sends, Comp, Gate/Expander and Input (PRE on the web interface?) on the GUI of Mixbus32C's channel strip when selected on the web interface.
  • Make the logical order of controls the same as on the channel strip on Mixbus32C's GUI. This applies most for 32C EQ,  Gate/Expander.
  • Any chance to control the Sends on the channel strip as well?
  • Make some color differences on channel strips and mix busses.

Transport mode (3318/builtin/transport)

• Adding Start, End, and Next/Previous marker icons would be really nice.

More :3818/builtin/goodies?

• :3818/builtin/countdown/
    It's very helpful for especially a singer to see when she or he comes in on for example punch in.
  • :3818/builtin/navigation-timeline
    Mimic the navigation timeline on Mixbus' GUI
  • :3818/builtin/foldback/
    Let the talent have the opportunity to mix its own mix on a tablet 
  • :3818/builtin/staus-recording
    Turn a tablet into a big red light with the caption RECORDING, keep out (or something)

I'm sure that's a ton of more things that can be added and/or fixed, but this is what I came up with in the last hour.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox