Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behringer XtOUCH mIXBUS 6 Win 10 Issue PLEASE HELP
Hi All,

First, apologies for the long post...a sincere thank you for anyone who takes the time to read it.

I tore down my studio, got a new interface...and then tried to get the Behringer XTouch working. (Big Mistake) I am ehausted, almost defeated, and hope someone can help

I read every post I could find on the subject, tried them all but still can't get it working  I am running a PC with Windows 10 software I Here is what I have accomplished, and where I am currently stalled.

1. I have set the XTOUCH to MC (Mackie Mode) and USB
2. My Computer. recognizes the XTouch as a device
3. I have gone in to the MIXBUS 6 software ,edit, preferences, enabled Mackie, found and selected  Behringer XTouch as a device, and selected MidiIn2(Xtouch) and MidiOut2(Xtouch)
4. Then Nothing happens! I click "discover mackie device, calibrate faders, every conceivable option.
5 I have powered down, up, unplugged, switched ports. etc.

The Computer I am using was originally bought in 2012, but never used. I have been recording on A KORG d3200 with great success. I recently decided to fire up recording again, and decided to take advantage of plug ins etc.  Even though the computer is old, it is still an I 7 Dual Quad core machine (cutting edge when purchased)

I upgraded the operating software from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (64 bit) Maybe this is the issue?

The Computer runs Mixbus fine, as well as all the Plugins I have purchased. I just bought a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface, transfered routing cables(8 of them) put it in my rack, and was trying to do the final step...getting the XTouch going as I love tactile faders (a big reason why I stayed with the Korg for so Long) cant hurt the mouse as it hurts my wrist.I use the mouse enough in my day job!

Anyway, the last step has been a disaster, and am thinking I really screwed up changing over as I was a Master at the Korg .

I sincerely apologize for the long post, but I wanted to be thorough. Hoping someone here can help as I am seriously deflated. 

Regards,

Jeff
(12-30-2022, 04:27 PM)Beatles65 Wrote: Hi All,

First, apologies for the long post...a sincere thank you for anyone who takes the time to read it.

I tore down my studio, got a new interface...and then tried to get the Behringer XTouch working. (Big Mistake) I am ehausted, almost defeated, and hope someone can help

I read every post I could find on the subject, tried them all but still can't get it working  I am running a PC with Windows 10 software I Here is what I have accomplished, and where I am currently stalled.

1. I have set the XTOUCH to MC (Mackie Mode) and USB
2. My Computer. recognizes the XTouch as a device
3. I have gone in to the MIXBUS 6 software ,edit, preferences, enabled Mackie, found and selected  Behringer XTouch as a device, and selected MidiIn2(Xtouch) and MidiOut2(Xtouch)
4. Then Nothing happens! I click "discover mackie device, calibrate faders, every conceivable option.
5 I have powered down, up, unplugged, switched ports. etc.

The Computer I am using was originally bought in 2012, but never used. I have been recording on A KORG d3200 with great success. I recently decided to fire up recording again, and decided to take advantage of plug ins etc.  Even though the computer is old, it is still an I 7 Dual Quad core machine (cutting edge when purchased)

I upgraded the operating software from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (64 bit) Maybe this is the issue?

The Computer runs Mixbus fine, as well as all the Plugins I have purchased. I just bought a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface, transfered routing cables(8 of them) put it in my rack, and was trying to do the final step...getting the XTouch going as I love tactile faders (a big reason why I stayed with the Korg for so Long) cant hurt the mouse as it hurts my wrist.I use the mouse enough in my day job!

Anyway, the last step has been a disaster, and am thinking I really screwed up changing over as I was a Master at the Korg .

I sincerely apologize for the long post, but I wanted to be thorough. Hoping someone here can help as I am seriously deflated. 

Regards,

Jeff

@Beatles65
believe you need to choose x-touch INT for both sends and receives in MB when using USB, not MIDI in and midi out, when using USB as the connection method.
Let me know how it works.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Thanks for the reply...there is no option INT to choose. Everything I read states the Midi Ins are the right selection, thats why I am pulling my hair out Might need to try another DAW if I can't get this going...I don't want to as I like mixbus and have studied all the features. Regards, Jeff
(12-30-2022, 06:35 PM)Beatles65 Wrote: Thanks for the reply...there is no option INT to choose. Everything I read states the Midi Ins are the right selection, thats why I am pulling my hair out  Might need to try another DAW if I can't get this going...I don't want to as I like mixbus and have studied all the features. Regards, Jeff

Hold the phone, let me hook up my windows machine back up, (I moved to MAC recently).
I will attach screenshots when I get it working.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Ok, I hooked it all back, and reinstalled the xtouches, but only two of them.

Here is the device manager after installing them, by default, and the names that they get assigned by Windows:

Here they are connected in MB:

And here is where you DONT choose Midi:

So for me, MB sees X-Touch as the main unit, and X-Touch-Ext as the extender.
The one that refers to Midi (MIDIIN2 (X-Touch)) is the actual midi ports on the back of the x-touch, and to use those, you are going to have to have them connected to the computer via some other device, iether through your interface, or midi to usb cable, etc.

If your computer is showing some other names come up in device manager when you connect it to the computer, then MB should see it via that name, and you should choose it. In my case it is under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers where the name seems to be coming from.
Forget trying to get a second extender running in MB under Windows via USB, you will have to go the rtpMidi driver route and use Ethernet.

Good Luck!
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Hah !!!! it's Christmas Morning all over again here!! Was not expecting it to work, But I rebooted everything and gave it a try. I was not expecting anything and was prepared to be disappointed, then the faders jumped into place! What a shot of euphoric Adrenaline Smile Thank you!!!!!

I think I tried every combination, but the key may be the reboot that resets everything before entering the correct protocol Thanks so much for your time and assistance Jeff, it is very appreciated

Regards and Happy New Year to you and your family,

Jeff
(12-31-2022, 01:19 AM)Beatles65 Wrote: Hah  !!!!  it's Christmas Morning all over again here!! Was not expecting it to work, But I rebooted everything and gave it a try. I was not expecting anything and was prepared to be disappointed, then the faders jumped into place! What a shot of euphoric Adrenaline Smile Thank you!!!!!

I think I tried every combination, but the key may be the reboot that resets everything before entering the correct protocol Thanks so much for your time and assistance Jeff, it is very appreciated

Regards and Happy New Year to you and your family,

Jeff

Hi Jeff
I have exactly the same setup and find sometimes I have to fire up MB then the xtouch
If not seen correctly I reboot the xtouches main and extension.
It Is a superb system, trying to get off the keyboard and mouse completely but taking time at mo.
Cheers
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.