Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32C MIXER - the mixer knobs are tiny and EQ is displayed as a % ?
Is there anyway of making knobs on the console larger?

I've now upgraded to 32C and the whole console has way more knobs but they appear SO tiny (on regular Mixbus 5.1 they were huge and fine)

I use an Apple Cinema HD Display

Also, I've noticed the channel EQ, when turning the frequency, displays in channel strip as a % and not the frequency...
Surely this is a bug...
Will it be fixed?

Many thanks in advance,
Paul
Hello,

I got a bigger monitor. 32" here. Recommended vertical height is 1440, so I'm at 2560 x 1440. There are some zoom setting in preferences if you'd like to experiment with those.

That's not a bug on the EQ, but I believe I read they may be considering some adjustments. Suit me fine if they just take it off. Don't really need it and I'm sure the real thing has no display there. Helps you focus on your ears anyway.

Donny
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Discussed a lot in other threads. Knobs are smaller because there are more of them built in in 32c than in MB. 4 more sends and more EQ.
% disturbed me too but got used to not to look at itSmile
My trick: printed a big picture of the EQ section, put it on my desk, studied a bit which ranges where to find, tha min and max anfd 12 o'clock, because it needs some time even on real consoles to learn which frequency where to find, even the naturally overlapping values. SSL channel displays the frequency all right but no much need only miss it when want to use the same setting boost and cut, simpler and more accurate to write+64 boost and -64hz cut on a nother track if conflicts.
Also I set the apperance 140% when making the static and balanced mix EQ knobs are large enough on 32" then change for 120% when I need place for plugins.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
This was discussed a lot. We all know by now that resistors and such are not precise so it's not possible to put REAL numbers for the frequencies. It's possible for the loudness of each frequency though.

My dead-easy take on this is that: SOMEONE somewhere has put numbers representing frequencies around each EQ knob on the UI. Those all ballpark numbers. Light-middle gray on a dark gray background. So. SHOW THEM in the track's status like any other value for (saint) Thomas ' sake ! Prefix them with BP for 'BallPark' if conscience dictates so.

At least this way one will not squint at trying to see the frequencies as they will be displayed clearly as any other value. Just wiggle the knob and you'll see the 'BP' frequency displayed in the track's status as white numbers on a black background. Easy, no fuss, will not rob the month's development budget.

Cheers.
(11-09-2018, 10:56 AM)blakeyman Wrote: I use an Apple Cinema HD Display

If 2010~30" at 2560*1600, you may just need to go to Preferences/Appearance and change the Mixer Strip scale.

If 2008~23" that's 1920*1200 which is not enough vertical height. I would follow Tassy's suggestions.

(11-09-2018, 10:56 AM)blakeyman Wrote: Also, I've noticed the channel EQ, when turning the frequency

Some history here.. http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-6492.html
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I would like an option for 32C users where you can switch to the basic Mixbus EQ while still remain the 12 mixbuses.
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
(11-11-2018, 05:02 AM)Arionas Wrote: I would like an option for 32C users where you can switch to the basic Mixbus EQ while still remain the 12 mixbuses.

Great Idea
++
I like options because it does not raise debates whether good or notSmile
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Why would there be a need to have limited EQ instead of the full 32C EQ ?
(11-11-2018, 03:20 PM)jonetsu Wrote: Why would there be a need to have limited EQ instead of the full 32C EQ ?

Because the basic EQ also has the Harrison sound, so it simplifies the optical view of the mixer and free up space for the inserts. I have also the Ava EQ to use for more surgical purposes when is needed.
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
OK, so it's not an audio-related reason but more one of UI. I was wondering if there was any audio reason.

To make space for inserts/plugins I suggested some time ago to show less send-to-mixbuss knobs. There are 12, and while there are certainly people who always use them 12 all the time, it might very well be that others are using 4,5 or 6. My suggestion was to show only the ones that are used.

Which is also a way to bring focus in the workflow. Instead of having an array of send knobs that are not used, showing only the ones that are enables to gauge the mix at a glance by browsing through the tracks in mixer view. And it frees up space, especially whne one likes to have a few plugin controls always shown - these can take space quite rapidly.

But to implement such it would take perhaps more manpower that the Ardour/Mixbus team has.

And in order to dispel any disagreement, make it an option. And to do away with people who will argue that there are too many options, create a Master Option to hide/show all other options and to bring ultimate peace and harmony.