Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: New User - First Impressions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I wanted to chime in and say "howdy". For the last few days I've been playing with the 32C demo - and I'm a little blown away. I brought in stems from a Studio One session and in very short time I had this mix sounding amazing (well .. amazing for my mixing skills, anyhow). And, frankly it was easy (and fun, I actually felt like I was making music and not just screwing with a computer, if that makes sense). And, other than a reverb and a delay I used nothing but the built in effects. Really, really nice. It did take some time to "get" the console workflow. And honestly, I almost gave up. But I'm glad I didn't. I'm actually a pretty darn good musician and love recording and turning my ideas into music, but honestly don't enjoy the mixing part of the job, but this has actually been fun and I'm excited to pull in another session and try again. I'm 50 and been playing in bands and studios since I was about 18, and this is the quickest I've ever gone from raw tracks to a polished mix! Really cool!

Just a few things that kind of drove me crazy - I wish I could make better use of colors to differentiate between tracks, buttons, etc in the mixer view. So many "camouflaged" items, I can't tell you how many times I clicked an EQ or Send knob and was on the wrong track. Colors work very well in the editor view - not so much in the mixer view (IMO). Even the Buss tracks look way too much like the audio tracks. I'm sure I'll get better at it. But please make the little horizontal bar at the bottom of the mixer screen purple, yellow or neon green or something. Hard to see that little dude (on my screen, anyhow.) Is there a way to change color that in settings?

Well - just wanted to say hi. I've been lurking for a few days, but felt it was time to jump in. I'm sure I'll be back! Now to convince the wife I need to take a "small" withdrawal from the checking account ...
Hi Wineshop, welcome to the Mixbus Forum...
based on the assumption that I will always get the mix sounding better faster I have never had too much trouble convincing Producers of the benefits Smile
Good luck... looking forward to hearing from you..