Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Can I assign buss/group(s) to a seperate buss?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hard to describe, so best to explain the end result of what I'm wanting to achieve.

For clarity, I'll call the Mixbus channels Groups.

Over a small period (10secs) of my mix, I want most of the instruments to slowly become mono, then back to full stereo again.

I've got all the instrument assigned to groups. At this point there is 6 groups. I believe I can use automation lanes (post/balance), but I would have to repeat this on all the groups.

So, if I could assign the current groups to one of two, that is mono or stereo, therefore (in theory) I would only have the final two channels to automate then that goes to the master bus.

Hope this makes sense.

I suppose that in the time it has taken me to write this, I could have done it all manually by now. Regardless, it would be good to know if it can be done in the way I've described for future reference.

Cheers.
Quote:I believe I can use automation lanes (post/balance)

Nooooooo. that's incorrect. PRE/Stereo Width adjusts between mono/stereo.
If I understand well you have a group of instruments, stereo, and you want to slowly made them mono and stereo again in the whole mix, but the rest you want to stay stereo all the time.
I would send the instrument guys to a mixbus the is native stereo and I would put there a plugin that has the feature to convert mono/stereo like A1 stereo control (free) and I would automate this stero-mono knob on it.