Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Loading only selected VST plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I use Mixbus as a summing mixer on my MacPro (with 2 x RayDats and 1 x RME UFX II). I love the sound of the MixBus :-).
I use only one compressor from Mixbus on one channel, and in fact that's it. On that MacPro I have 2 other DAWs (ProTools and Cubase) and they have their plugins and I also have a very few 3rd party VST plugins.

I want to use ONLY 2-3 VST plugins in MixBus. Now, if I enable in MixBus the VST plugins (Preferences/Plugins/...), MixBus scans through all my VST plugins, and at the end I have a relatively big amount of "external" plugins in MixBus. What I want is that only a very few selected number of VST plugins show up in MixBus. Can you help me how to do that?

Trif.
Scroll down and have a look at the section about 'Plug-in Manager' in the manual.
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...c/plug-ins
There are two ways to 'refine' what you want to see.
You can use Hide to mask unwanted plugins from normal views, or you can use the filter section to sort by Format VST etc only.

[attachment=2273]
if you need ONLY 2-3 VST plug-ins in MixBus, then I think it’s easier to add them to your favorites, in the mixer they will be visible on the left side and it will be enough to drag them onto the track. Or select in the usual way from the list.