Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: 32c v5.1 and Faderport 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Faderport 16 arrived this afternoon.

I have to say that all is working great and the install etc was absolutely painless.

A couple of things

1. The eq is nice but the values shown in faderport do not show the correct frequency or gain. Small thing probably related to the coding of the control.Also quite different than most eq. But very musical. Not so nice for corrective work but that's why I spent the money for the Fabfilter Pro Q 3. Will still use my SSL, API, MAAG, Puigchild etc as they all add different harmonics before you touch a control. Now I have the 32c harmonics. Nice

2. Compressor, leveler and limiter controls work fine. Saturation is good but I'm not throwing out my 2a, 3a, 1176, Dbx160, Puigchild etc. Same as above.

3. Works outstanding on the sends. Much better control.

4. Even works on all the plugins I've tried. Sweet.

Very nice job for sure. Slowly trusting this daw more and more.

Mike
(01-29-2019, 10:21 PM)MikeT Wrote: [ -> ]The Faderport 16 arrived this afternoon.

I have to say that all is working great and the install etc was absolutely painless.

A couple of things

1. The eq is nice but the values shown in faderport do not show the correct frequency or gain. Small thing probably related to the coding of the control.Also quite different than most eq. But very musical. Not so nice for corrective work but that's why I spent the money for the Fabfilter Pro Q 3. Will still use my SSL, API, MAAG, Puigchild etc as they all add different harmonics before you touch a control. Now I have the 32c harmonics. Nice

2. Compressor, leveler and limiter controls work fine. Saturation is good but I'm not throwing out my 2a, 3a, 1176, Dbx160, Puigchild etc. Same as above.

3. Works outstanding on the sends. Much better control.

4. Even works on all the plugins I've tried. Sweet.

Very nice job for sure. Slowly trusting this daw more and more.

Mike

Excuse the late response. I have the FP8 and love how I can control MB from it. But 16 faders are better than 8 Smile

To your first point. No, the values in the Faderport do not show the actual EQ values. They rather show the relative position for the knob, so, for instance, the faderport will show that the knob is at 50% if it is halfway through its sweep. I am trying to remember the discussion as to why (it was a while ago), but I think it is related to the fact that 32C can't actually show absolute frequencies due to the fact the eq strip is modelled on the hardware 32C. Because the hardware doesn't show exact values the software can't either, hence the use of relative numbers rather than an absolute match. I have found those relative numbers to be useful though for ab'ing frequencies. Memorise the relative value for your first point (eg. 0.35) and head back there if you don't like the frequency for your second point