Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Parallel Processing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious of any other ways to make parallel processing happen with the onboard tools other than a mix bus? I already use a mix bus for parallel compressions for drum skins and bass and it works great. I'll be experimenting with other parts as well tonight. A blend knob on the onboard compressors would be awesome, but I really love having a separate fader for the blend best, just uses a mix bus.
(08-27-2018, 05:39 PM)doncolga Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious of any other ways to make parallel processing happen with the onboard tools other than a mix bus? I already use a mix bus for parallel compressions for drum skins and bass and it works great. I'll be experimenting with other parts as well tonight. A blend knob on the onboard compressors would be awesome, but I really love having a separate fader for the blend best, just uses a mix bus.

It all depends on if the plugin introduces latency. If not you can just create an utility bus. It might be even possible to have the same plugin chain in the unprocessed bus, but bypassed - depends on if the plugin introduces the same latency when bypassed.
It's definitely possible for delays/reverbs Big Grin

MMM
...just experiment...
you can connect in such a way that one channel would dry out, and another wet and half of it would be put by any pan with the merger into mono.
  you can try the AutoPan for creative and use different effects instead of the pan Smile

https://yadi.sk/i/Upgyi_bh3adNAY
You can also duplicate the track and mix/blend the two as you like. After all the parallel mixbus is doing the same only it uses only the duplicate signal of the track while duplicating the track the signal appears in a separate track that represents the paralel signal, no other difference in sound and solution. Sure to a bus you can send more tracks.
But why not the 8 or 12 buses not enought?
(08-28-2018, 10:41 AM)Tassy Wrote: [ -> ]You can also duplicate the track and mix/blend the two as you like. After all the parallel mixbus is doing the same only it uses only the duplicate signal of the track while duplicating the track the signal appears in a separate track that represents the paralel signal, no other difference in sound and solution. Sure to a bus you can send more tracks.
But why not the 8 or 12 buses not enought?

Or similar to what Tassy says. If you have a few instruments you want to parallel (e.g. percussion, electric guitars) create two audio busses and send the instruments to both, deselecting master send on those instruments. Make sure you have the same processes on both to keep the time accurate but process the one as your parallel.

Alternatively I use Boz Digital Manic Compressor which is designed for parallel compression. Works a bomb