Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: PAN Link with Mixbus Sends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I work with a mixing system that my audio does not go straight to the Master, it is distributed in the Mixbuses, each with its appropriate compression and after that these go to the Master.
Would it be possible to upgrade with Harrson Misxbus 32C to link the channel PAN to Mixbuses?
By working in this way, every channel in which I have to change the PAN, I need to go to the automation, open the automation to activate the PAN, then open the Mixbus PAN automation to which I send the audio and adjust the PAN. My audios usually go to more than one Mixbus, that is, it's a process that takes a lot of time.
In the analog consoles, the grups respect the channel PAN, would be perfect if it were so in the Harrison MIxbus 32C.

Thank you so much!
Hi edudiux!

The normal Mixbus assigns in the channel strip are post Pan, (after the Pan) so they work with the Pan as an analog console. You can see the signal flow in the manual here: http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...ignal-flow

Are you using inserted Aux sends to the mixbusses instead?
They no longer have their own pan, from the manual: "As implemented in v4.3, “Aux Sends” from the channelstrip do not have pan/balance controls."
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...nd-inserts

So with the normal Mixbus assigns the Pan should be ok.

Regards, Thomas
(04-27-2018, 04:46 AM)edudiux Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Would it be possible to upgrade with Harrson Misxbus 32C to link the channel PAN to Mixbuses?

Thank you so much!

If I understand your question correct: In Mixbus32C the channel pan will also pan the 12 mixbus sends, but in addition to that you can just hold down the "shift" key and double click on the mixbus send knob and you get a separate pan on that specific send. That mean that you can pan every mixbus send as you like and independent of all the other sends. This makes panning very flexible. :-)

See description in "Input channel" picture in the user manual for mixbus32C.
(04-27-2018, 10:52 AM)Sthauge Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2018, 04:46 AM)edudiux Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thank you so much!

If I understand your question correct: In Mixbus32C the channel pan will also pan the 12 mixbus sends, but in addition to that you can just hold down the "shift" key and double click on the mixbus send knob and you get a separate pan on that specific send. That mean that you can pan every mixbus send as you like and independent of all the other sends. This makes panning very flexible. :-)

Hello Sthauge,

You understood perfectly. That's what I needed to do the job.
Thank you very much

Best Regards,

Edu Diux
Mixbus 32C Apple Mac Pro
(04-27-2018, 10:52 AM)Sthauge Wrote: [ -> ]In Mixbus32C the channel pan will also pan the 12 mixbus sends, but in addition to that you can just hold down the "shift" key and double click on the mixbus send knob and you get a separate pan on that specific send. That mean that you can pan every mixbus send as you like and independent of all the other sends. This makes panning very flexible. :-)

Great, had missed that one in the manual Smile

Regards, Thomas