Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Dual Concentric Mode (another jewel in the manual)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across this in the manual this evening:

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...t-channels

Very neat implementation of panning on the sends. I had not seen that before, so I figured I'd share.

Tonight was also my first mix with some created audio busses. I used it for some parallel compression using the console compressor and it seemed to work well.

Donny
Hi Donny.

Yes - another hidden gem! I only found it when I was watching one of the Harrison Youtube vids and it was tucked away in there.

When you say created audio busses do you mean aux busses rather than mix busses? Do bear in mind that these are not latency compensated in MB at this point and will inevitably lead to comb filtering if performing parallel tasks. Better to use Mixbusses for this type of task and if you're running out, use aux's for time based fx. If you know this already then please ignore!

Regards,

Si
Yes I was familiar with those not being delay compensated, but I thought if you used console processing that would not cause a problem. I didn't notice anything listening, but I did rework that just in case. Thanks for the tip!

Donny
That's interesting.

I haven't tried any aux busses using the native MB dynamics as I just assumed that there would be issues. I'll have a play..

Si
Hey,

In addition to using a plugin with a blend knob for parallel compression, I guess another way to do any type of parallel processing without using a mixbus or aux track would be just to duplicate a track, do whatever parallel processing desired there, and then blend it back in with the original. It seems like that should work. Doesn't Dave Pensado frequently demonstrate a similar technique in Pro Tools? I'll try this later tonight. Wow...really gets more interesting as you dig in. I'm really learning alot.

Thanks,

Donny
(02-28-2018, 02:39 AM)doncolga Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I was familiar with those not being delay compensated, but I thought if you used console processing that would not cause a problem. I didn't notice anything listening, but I did rework that just in case. Thanks for the tip!

Donny

Correct, built-in MB effects are latency compensated on Aux busses, only the 3rd party plugins are not (will change in a future release)