Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: mixbus 32c or mixbus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, new member here

I wonder which version I should purchase? This will be my first daw, used on my 15.6" hp power laptop with i7 7700hq cpu and 8gb ram ssd harddrive and 1050 nvidia gpu. I also need to spend money on a mic and soundcard. Budget is limited but if 32c is much better it is just within reach during the 149$ sale.

As I understand the eqs are different and so the resulting sound will be different.

I'm not a proffesional user, would It be better to start out with mixbus and upgrade later to 32c? Is 32c harder to work with for a beginner?

I have a friend who is a professional sound engineer experienced in logic pro x. He also produce bands from time to time and he recomended harrison since I'm a windows user. He hasn't worked with mixbus standard or 32c though.
(02-22-2018, 03:44 PM)Nicklas Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, new member here

I wonder which version I should purchase? This will be my first daw, used on my 15.6" hp power laptop with i7 7700hq cpu and 8gb ram ssd harddrive and 1050 nvidia gpu. I also need to spend money on a mic and soundcard. Budget is limited but if 32c is much better it is just within reach during the 149$ sale.

As I understand the eqs are different and so the resulting sound will be different.

I'm not a proffesional user, would It be better to start out with mixbus and upgrade later to 32c? Is 32c harder to work with for a beginner?

I have a friend who is a professional sound engineer experienced in logic pro x. He also produce bands from time to time and he recomended harrison since I'm a windows user. He hasn't worked with mixbus standard or 32c though.

32C is great, regular Mixbus is great too, but given your laptop screen size, you may have a more enjoyable experience with regular Mixbus. It is likely that you would receive upgrade offers in the future and you could get 32C once you get a larger monitor. I have a 24" 1920 x 1080 monitor and would not want it any smaller with 32C.
I have 32c, but I really like the way the sends are labeled on the tracks on regular mixbus. I really wish 32c was like that.
Thank you for your advice, just bought mixbusv4 and Essentials plugin Smile
(02-23-2018, 03:52 AM)Nicklas Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your advice, just bought mixbusv4 and Essentials plugin Smile

Good deal Nicklas! Great to hear that. Be sure to give the manual a good review to be aware of everything it will do.