Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Std. Midi file "0"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Is it actually possible in MB to split a standard midi file type 0
by midi channel?
Thanks

Ab
I believe if you select "one track per channel" in the "mapping" pulldown menu (in the Import dialog), Mixbus will create one track per midi channel in the file.
Yes, it works.
(01-25-2018, 01:05 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]I believe if you select "one track per channel" in the "mapping" pulldown menu (in the Import dialog), Mixbus will create one track per midi channel in the file.

Thanks a lot, but in fact I meant a midi recording into MB from an arranger
Keyboard. All the midi information is on one track which I want to split by midi channel so that all instruments have their own track. Possible?

Ab
(01-25-2018, 07:57 PM)wango Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2018, 01:05 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]I believe if you select "one track per channel" in the "mapping" pulldown menu (in the Import dialog), Mixbus will create one track per midi channel in the file.

Keyboard. All the midi information is on one track which I want to split by midi channel so that all instruments have their own track. Possible?

Ab

Just record the arranger onto your 1 track then try what Ben suggested. It may still do what you need.
(01-25-2018, 09:53 PM)Lexridge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2018, 07:57 PM)wango Wrote: [ -> ]

Ab

Just record the arranger onto your 1 track then try what Ben suggested. It may still do what you need.

Indeed, importing the new recorded midi file creates one track per midi channel. That's fine but maybe creating a template for this kind of midi recordings is what I should do.
Thanks all for your comments.

Ab
To record that way, you should create a new track for each midi channel, and right-click on the track header to choose "Channel Selector" ... choose a channel to record & playback from each track.

Then make sure your arranger's MIDI input is selected for all of the tracks.

-Ben
(01-28-2018, 10:35 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]To record that way, you should create a new track for each midi channel, and right-click on the track header to choose "Channel Selector" ... choose a channel to record & playback from each track.

Then make sure your arranger's MIDI input is selected for all of the tracks.

-Ben

Thanks Ben, both methods work fine.

Ab