Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: FR:mono switch on the master
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mono switch on the master channel,just to check
Mixbus v3 has a "monitor" section which can be engaged. When engaged, the monitor strip appears to the right of the master bus, and inserts itself between your master bus and your soundcard outputs. The monitor strip has a volume control as well as dim, mono, mute, and similar monitoring features.

-Ben
NICE, thanks!

(07-02-2014, 10:26 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]Mixbus v3 has a "monitor" section which can be engaged. When engaged, the monitor strip appears to the right of the master bus, and inserts itself between your master bus and your soundcard outputs. The monitor strip has a volume control as well as dim, mono, mute, and similar monitoring features.

-Ben
awesome thanks ben
You don't write which OS you use, but it exists several stereo to mono mixer plugins, for example the DualPanner VST for Windows.

The Linux mixer I found is buggy, so I use a ping pong delay like this on the post fader section on the master bus:

[Image: pingpong_mono.png]
(07-02-2014, 10:26 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]Mixbus v3 has a "monitor" section which can be engaged. When engaged, the monitor strip appears to the right of the master bus, and inserts itself between your master bus and your soundcard outputs. The monitor strip has a volume control as well as dim, mono, mute, and similar monitoring features.

The monitor section sounds like a neat idea. I use bx_solo on my master for mono right now, but it would be nice to have it built into the DAW.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but what is dim?
Dim attenuates the output level to the monitors coming from a mixer or power amplifier, akin to the "power soak" devices used for guitar amps. Especially good if you use powered monitors and you don't want to blowout your speakers with high output levels from the mixer
Ah, thanks.
Dim is often used if you want to switch between a "loud" listening level and a preset softer one. Or you might use the "dim" if you want to talk with someone in the control room, without muting the sound.

-Ben