Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Slow audio on import
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm a brand new user and just did a fresh install of Mixbus 4 tonight. I was just testing some preliminary stuff like making sure audio and midi hardware was connecting and functional so I imported some stereo mixdowns I created in Ableton. The files are 24 bit/48k Wav and I am on Windows 7 Pro. I end up with a 2 tracks for each file (L/R) but the speed seems to be about 20% too slow and the pitch is also lowered so it sounds like and old cassette deck with a loose belt. At first I thought some kind of tempo warping was going on during the import process but I can hear the same thing if I try to audition it in the import dialog. I also noticed the tempo map is blank in the import dialog if that makes any difference. Can someone please help? I spent 3 nights reading the manual before I installed this because I knew the learning curve was going to be huge but I didn't expect to hit a brick wall this soon. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Hmmm,

What is the DSP% meter (in the top-right corner) displaying? If it is near 100% then you might have exceeded the limitations of your setup with Mixbus, and the sound will get choppy and possibly slowed-down sounding.

More likely though, is this:

You've created a session in Mixbus at 48. But your soundcard is actually running at 44.1 ( this can only happen, usually, if your soundcard is set to clock to an external source ). When you play, it will sound slowed-down.

In any case, this isn't normal operation. I hope you can get it sorted quickly. Feel free to write our email support at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
I didn't have time to revisit this until today. DSP seems fine. It's idling around 12% average seems to be ~25% during playback. The soundcard'ys control panel does not show any mismatch in the sample rate. I think there is a driver issue because I was able to achieve normal playback by switching to ASIO4All. Is there a published list of supported interfaces for this software? It's about time for an upgrade anyway but I don't want to buy something else that doesn't work.
I wonder if it's resampling during import

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(09-15-2017, 07:49 PM)mrskytown11 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it's resampling during import

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes some sort sample mismatch.

Dnelson, did you verify that you selected 48k in the initial window when first setting up the session? Could be you created a 44k session and when you import your tracks into MB for some reason the software doesn't recognise them as 48k and therefore its not modifying the sample rate on the import. This would make the tracks play slower.
Thanks for the replys. For some reason all notifications from this forum are going to spam with Gmail so I am just now seeing this.

I initially opened a session in 44.1 and the files were converted from 48k to 44.1 on import. I experienced what I described and thinking that the conversion process was responsible, I killed that session and deleted it. Starting over with a new session at 48k, the same issue was present, whether simply auditioning from the import screen or fully importing the audio into the track.

I mentioned in my last post that I was able to work around this by switching to the ASIO4All driver but that introduced a whole new level of frustration with the software whereby launching new or previous sessions would often refuse to generate any audio at all. Every time this happened, I would have to close Mixbus and open another DAW and play some audio. After doing this I could open up Mixbus again and it would work fine until I closed it and tried to open something else.

I went ahead and bought a new interface this week since I was using an old M-Track and I've outgrown it anyway but if this doesn't solve it I'm just going to walk away from this one. Thanks again for your suggestions. I do appreciate anyone that takes the time to help others, especially strangers on the internet.
dnelson1971,
are any other applications sharing the sound card at the same time as Mixbus ?
Also welcome to the Forum, there are a lot of people here happy to help.
Cheers
Dingo - Thanks but nothing else is running. This is a very clean, offline PC dedicated to music production. There is nothing loading at startup that is not an essential Windows process. I'll be installing the new interface today and hopefully these problems will go away.