Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Thunderbolt or Ethernet Interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I`m planing to upgrade from my USB interface to a faster, more reliable, lower latency Interface. I`ve got a mac mini, which has no firewire ports, so thunderbolt seems to be the way to go. Nevertheless, Ethernet interfaces may also be an alternative (and guess you can have longer cables with this protocol). I`m quite interested about the Digigrid D, for example...In the Thunderbolt side, i`m quite keen on the Element series by Apogee...
Any advice? Has someone here used element or digigrid along with mixbus?
As always, thanks for the help and support
Cheers
I've used neither interface you've mentioned, but I wouldn't predicate my choice on connection type to the computer. New USB interfaces are also capable of super low latency. So imo it's more about what features you need vs price.

That said I recently had an antelope zen tour. That things was killer for a small interface. The built-in DSP was fantastic. Very cool piece of kit. And it's both USB and thunderbolt. They have other boxes with more I/O. That's just the one that fit me needs. Unfortunately I ended up selling it to pay some unforeseen expenses. But can absolutely see myself buying one again.
MOTU
AVB USB Thunderbolt
thanks guys for replying...I already check the Antelope and looks fantastic...i´ve had MOTU interfaces in the past, i like the brand....It´s also one to consider