Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Guitar Synth Soundscape ...My first Mixbus Mix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Forum,

here's a link to my latest instrumental song mixed in Mixbus

Guitar Synth Soundscape ...Mixbus Mix...

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-w...mixbus-mix

I hope somebody likes it

Kenny
Nice! This definitely sounds nice!
Hi Robert ,
my next step is to try out some of the tips and routing I saw in the Mixing in Mixbus-Country video ….
thats the type of thing I have always wanted to be able to do
thanks for giving my song a listen …
Kenny
Really like it ! One of my favorite sections is from about 1:36-1:58. Did you do all the parts / instruments? Wondering if you could share some of your channel / bus set up/ configurations?? I have been a die-hard Sonar X 1 user for some time and just now ready to install and give Mixbus a whirl for the first time soon. Thanks for sharing. ps - this is my first post on the forum.
Hi kennywtelejazz
A very clear sounding mix you have here. Also the instrument sounds I like. Without turning it into a feedback forum I might say a little more snap on the kick I could bear. (just my personal drummer's ear's feeling)Smile
I like the gtr tone a lot.
Best
Tassy
(05-15-2014, 06:58 AM)kennywtelejazz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Robert ,
my next step is to try out some of the tips and routing I saw in the Mixing in Mixbus-Country video ….
Kenny

Wow, You certainly clicked with mixbus, that sounds serious good!

The vid you mention is where exactly? I like to see it please!Smile
(08-13-2014, 02:45 PM)silvercn Wrote: [ -> ]Really like it ! One of my favorite sections is from about 1:36-1:58. Did you do all the parts / instruments? Wondering if you could share some of your channel / bus set up/ configurations?? I have been a die-hard Sonar X 1 user for some time and just now ready to install and give Mixbus a whirl for the first time soon. Thanks for sharing. ps - this is my first post on the forum.

silvercn,
sorry for taking so long to get back here
I moved and I had no home internet for almost a year...
Also , I had no idea that anyone had listened to this sonic monstrosity of mine lol after my thread went cold.

Yes I did play every note on this except for the drums ...
( i used midi, edited the patterns and rendered to audio via a vst drum plug)

All my parts were played in real time at the songs tempo...

I started this song / soundscape on my Mac ...
over there I used Logic Pro 9 to work out my ideas ..a lot of the synths I used are sounds I created from what I have available in Logic
the main instrument that I am the most comfortable expressing myself on is guitar ...
on my Mac I have a plug called Midi guitar from Jam Origin and that is what I used to trigger all my synth sounds via the guitar ..it's aGreat Plug
( I only have a license for Mac & if I ever have the bucks I will get the Win version )
Once I had a skeleton of my song worked out I brought all my tracks over to the windows side and worked in SONAR 6 PE in XP ...
in SONAR I added all my guitar parts , played a real Bass guitar (4 string)
and did all my editing / dialing my sounds to taste ....
At that time I also had X3 PE 64bit in W 8 ....I couldn't use it ...
it was too new to me at the time

While I was working on this song I picked up the then current version of Mixbus V2.5 (? )....
I love what Mixbus brought to the table sonically for the sounds I'm looking to do musically....
As far as what type of routing I used for this tune , I would have to tell you honestly that at the time I was very new to Mixbus and I didn't know how to route...( back then )
all I did was I took each and every track in my SONAR project and exported them as individual tracks ...once i had the whole song as individual tracks I created a project in Mixbus and imported each and every track and created a Mixbus session of my song / sounscape...

Right out of the gate I was happier w what I was hearing so what I did was I played around w each tracks eq and compression levels so i dialed my tune in w out sending anything to the buses ....
at the time i didn't know how to do that lol
I did use the Mastering Compressor ...I love that and it may have helped

this song has its moments ...I know it's not all there and happening , yet I feel there are a few sections that may shine ....I do happen to like the section you like ..
thank you for taking the time to listen and posting your comment ...
Welcome to the forum , I think I'm gonna be around more ....now that I have home internet and Mixbus 3

all the best ,

Kenny
(08-13-2014, 03:13 PM)Tassy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi kennywtelejazz
A very clear sounding mix you have here. Also the instrument sounds I like. Without turning it into a feedback forum I might say a little more snap on the kick I could bear. (just my personal drummer's ear's feeling)Smile
I like the gtr tone a lot.
Best
Tassy

Hello Tassy ,

I haven't listened to this one in a while ....some areas came out good and some sections have a long way to go

I'm OK w crits ... Yeah , I do need a better drum sound
I can roll w that ...
I'm happy you enjoyed my guitar tone and some of the sounds I dialed up w this tune
thanks for giving this a listen ,

Kenny
(08-15-2014, 06:25 AM)jiff 41 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2014, 06:58 AM)kennywtelejazz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Robert ,
Kenny

Wow, You certainly clicked with mixbus, that sounds serious good!

The vid you mention is where exactly? I like to see it please!Smile

Hello jiffy 41 ,

Yes I think I really did click w Mix3us .
I'm really enjoying learning my way around the new Mix3us V 3 …

The video I was referring to may be an older video . I did not see it currently listed on the Harrison web store …

To give you the correct information I had to hunt down the hard drive I saved it on ….
Pop Country Mixing In MixBus 2.0 is the video I was referring to in my post .

all the best ,

Kenny
Looks like you had a lot of fun there it does sound pure all out mixbus with no plugins but you did a great job
Pages: 1 2