Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Icon Qcon Pro X and Mixbus 32C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just placed an order for a Icon Qcon Pro X and now have a couple of concerns that I should have found answers to before ordering:

1. Since MB32 does not display any numerical values for the EQ parameters, will the Qcon give any indication of the current EQ knob position in EQ mode?

2. In an old forum post, a user was not able to display time on the Qcon Pro (not X). Was this ever fixed in a software update?

3. Are there any features that are not supported?

It would seem as long as MB32 is set to Mackie MCU mode, everything should work properly, but there is a Qcon option in the control surface set up, I'm guessing that there is some sort of difference.
(03-09-2017, 08:47 PM)superb Wrote: [ -> ]I just placed an order for a Icon Qcon Pro X and now have a couple of concerns that I should have found answers to before ordering:

1. Since MB32 does not display any numerical values for the EQ parameters, will the Qcon give any indication of the current EQ knob position in EQ mode?

2. In an old forum post, a user was not able to display time on the Qcon Pro (not X). Was this ever fixed in a software update?

3. Are there any features that are not supported?

It would seem as long as MB32 is set to Mackie MCU mode, everything should work properly, but there is a Qcon option in the control surface set up, I'm guessing that there is some sort of difference.

Although I had searched prior to creating a new thread, I had to dig deep to find one some clue as to whether the Qcon Pro X will do everything I want it to:

Four bands of EQ + Filters for MB32 implemented in 3.4:
"MCU protocol now provides knobs for all 4 EQ bands, plus filters. Filters are provided on the “Inst” button ( along with the compressor parameters) ( MB32C only )"

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...hlight=mcu

After scouring all of the "MCU" posts I could find, I'm pretty confident that setting to Qcon (or Mackie MCU) and the Qcon to "Logic" mode should work well. Once I get the unit I will give an update as to how well the Qcon Pro X works with MB32C.
You want to use Studio One mode instead of Logic Mode.
I have the Pro X and 2 XS extenders. All 24 channels working. It displays EQ settings. Not compressor at the moment. You can display Auxes, Vcas, and Busses also.

Harrison and Icon Pro Audio have shared information regarding better support for the Pro X, but even now, it's a pretty cool system.
Yes, I've been using a MIDI translator to remap the plugin button to access the compressor. Details in this thread:

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...l#pid26547

Forum member mbarhon has created a map and submitted it to the Ardour 6.0 git, hopefully we will see this in Mixbus soon.