Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Mixbus vs. 32C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, semi-dumb question here, but it's more to double check myself and make sure I'm not missing anything than an actual question.

I've been using Mixbus for a few years and since 32C has been out, I've been keeping up to date versions of both. I'm running all 64 bit systems and I have high resolution monitors, so from a functionality standpoint, I'm fully 32C compatible. Given that, is there any reason to continue updating Mixbus as opposed to going all 32C? I realize it's only a couple of bucks, but the only time I use Mixbus anymore is when I'm troubleshooting something. Otherwise, I always go to 32C. It's actually more about having one less thing installed on my studio machines than it is the price of updating. I think I've answered my own question, but thought I'd get a few extra opinion.

Thoughts?
Not sure why you would need both. 32c does everything its younger brother does and then some. Unless you needed to maintain compatibility with friends / other studios who are on MB only... or for some reason you preferred the simpler eq section, or sound.

Since upgrading to 32C I haven't opened MB once
(03-03-2017, 08:46 AM)Gary Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, semi-dumb question here, but it's more to double check myself and make sure I'm not missing anything than an actual question.

I've been using Mixbus for a few years and since 32C has been out, I've been keeping up to date versions of both. I'm running all 64 bit systems and I have high resolution monitors, so from a functionality standpoint, I'm fully 32C compatible. Given that, is there any reason to continue updating Mixbus as opposed to going all 32C? I realize it's only a couple of bucks, but the only time I use Mixbus anymore is when I'm troubleshooting something. Otherwise, I always go to 32C. It's actually more about having one less thing installed on my studio machines than it is the price of updating. I think I've answered my own question, but thought I'd get a few extra opinion.

Thoughts?
I think someone already asked about that. And the answer was - it's the matter of taste. All about the color you get from mb or mb32c.

Отправлено с моего SM-G800H через Tapatalk
I guess if you really only tend to use the 32c version the main two reasons would be to support Harrison and to help find and resolve bugs before the 32c4 release. Wink

Also keep in mind that it's not possible to open V4 sessions in V3 versions.
I've dropped regualr Mixbus and use only 32C. Could not find a use case for using both. The flow is mad eof composing in Bitwig and then adjusting/mixing in 32C. This year I should start giving a shot at 'mastering' also. For this purpose I would use also 32C. Although some people say that a bit-transparent DAW would be better, in which case I suppose regular Mixbus would do.

So I'm glad that there are a few months in-between regular Mixbus and 32C releases - that will be good to iron out some bugs before releasing 32C ! Dodgy
(03-03-2017, 09:32 AM)jonetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Although some people say that a bit-transparent DAW would be better, in which case I suppose regular Mixbus would do.

eh... regular mixbus is NOT bit transparent. For that I guess you would need Protools, Reaper etc