Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Session import - automatically merge L and R?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone

I have a bunch of track that I want to import into a new session. Some are mono tracks, some are split stereo tracks.

Is it possible to import them all in one go, and have Mixbus automatically (re)merge the split stereo files? All the split tracks are named consistently ending with respectively ".L.wav" and ".R.wav".

As of now, I first import all mono tracks, and then go through all pairs of L and R tracks, one pair at a time... It's a bit tedious, so if there is a solution to do it all in one procedure, it would be very much appreciated Smile

-Luhr
Currently, that's the only option, sorry!

Perhaps we could use some logic, and assume that files with identical names but "L" and "R" at the end are stereo pairs.

We are working on some ideas for a session-builder window ( or might be its own standalone app ) that lets you drag&drop the files into "slots" before creating the session.
The session-builder sounds like a nice solution. It would make it possible to control exactly how you want the session to be built.

I will not try to persuade you into changing the way the merge option works, as that could possibly break the option for deliberately merging tracks with different names. And creating a whole new option might be a bit much. My vote is on the session-builder.

There is third solution as well: Put on some music - that definitely makes the process a lot less tedious Wink

Thanks for an incredibly fast answer, Ben. You're all doing a fantastic job at Harrison!

...and on with the imports...