Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: How come I get audio dropouts when I export?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

using v3.7 of Mixbus (on Linux) I often get an indication of one single audio dropout (X:1) when exporting the stereo mix. I have never heard the dropout in the exported file but it is annoying to see this and not knowing if the resulting file is ok or not... Has anybody seen the same?

I have a fast system (I7 cpu) but this should not be seen no matter how slow the system is, as I am not exporting in realtime...

Regards,
Kenneth
That indicator probably pops up when Mixbus switches "back" to the soundcard after the export. I think you can ignore it.

An xrun is only possible if we mix a scheduling deadline from the soundcard's interrupt. When exporting (non-realtime) there's no connection to the soundcard and hence no possibility of an xrun. NOTE: if you are doing a "realtime" bounce then yes, it is applicable.
(01-28-2017, 11:03 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]That indicator probably pops up when Mixbus switches "back" to the soundcard after the export. I think you can ignore it.

An xrun is only possible if we mix a scheduling deadline from the soundcard's interrupt. When exporting (non-realtime) there's no connection to the soundcard and hence no possibility of an xrun. NOTE: if you are doing a "realtime" bounce then yes, it is applicable.

OK thanks for the quick answer Ben! Yes I have not noticed any glitches in the exported files, just seen the indication of a single xrun.

/Kenneth