Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Mix view: quick way to go to beginning/end of tracks ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Now that I just learned that it's possible to use Shift-mouse scroll to scroll through tracks in the mix view... Smile Is there a key combination that makes it possible to quickly jump at the beginning or the end of the tracks ?

Using markers to jump-to in the mix view could also be nice.
Home and End work for that.
They certainly do not.

They work in the editor, but not, as the subject mentions, in the mix view.

Now, just to stop any possible confusion I have looked at the Mixbus user manual and will from now on use the official terminology, that is, 'Editor Window' and 'Mixer Window'.

I instead used 'Mix view' in describing the Shift-mosue scroll that is currently used to scroll through the tracks.
Q and W works for jumping between markers.
(09-21-2016, 11:20 AM)jonetsu Wrote: [ -> ]They certainly do not.

They work in the editor, but not, as the subject mentions, in the mix view.

Now, just to stop any possible confusion I have looked at the Mixbus user manual and will from now on use the official terminology, that is, 'Editor Window' and 'Mixer Window'.

I instead used 'Mix view' in describing the Shift-mouse scroll that is currently used to scroll through the tracks.

control -m q control m ?
regards
(09-23-2016, 12:39 PM)knutzn Wrote: [ -> ]Q and W works for jumping between markers.

And so, it is possible to set markers in the mix view, eg. in the Mixer Window ? How ?

(09-24-2016, 08:37 AM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]control -m q control m ?

Not sure what you mean with 'control -m q control m'. Seems a bit odd for a key sequence.

I tried Ctrl-q and Ctrl-w since that would be consistent with 'q' and 'w' in the Editor Window. But no, these two Ctrl keys consistently crashes Mixbus in such a way that when restarted Mixbus do not offer to recover from a crash.
(09-24-2016, 02:35 PM)jonetsu Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2016, 12:39 PM)knutzn Wrote: [ -> ]Q and W works for jumping between markers.

And so, it is possible to set markers in the mix view, eg. in the Mixer Window ? How ?

(09-24-2016, 08:37 AM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]control -m q control m ?

Not sure what you mean with 'control -m q control m'. Seems a bit odd for a key sequence.

I tried Ctrl-q and Ctrl-w since that would be consistent with 'q' and 'w' in the Editor Window. But no, these two Ctrl keys consistently crashes Mixbus in such a way that when restarted Mixbus do not offer to recover from a crash.
It contains a bit of humor and the actual key sequence to go to previous mark : q

If in Mixer view press control + m , than q , than control +m , and you are at the previous marker in Mixer view.. As an example ...

Regards
(09-25-2016, 04:02 AM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]It contains a bit of humor and the actual key sequence to go to previous mark : q

If in Mixer view press control + m , than q , than control +m , and you are at the previous marker in Mixer view.. As an example ...

Well, I did not get the humor. Although I see what you mean with the key sequence now. Ther eis no need at all to press Ctrl- whatever to go to markers when in Mixer View. Simply 'q' and 'w' works fine. I use it them all the time.

This is not my question is, though.

My question is about navigating in the Mixer View itself. Not about markers, but about tracks. That I will now call "strips" in an effort to reduce confusion.

I do not have a fancy monitor, or a modern one for that matter. The one I have is only 1600x1200, but it works fine. If 5 mixbusses are displayed plus the master bus, then there is room for 8 strips to be shown. That is, without the monitor strip nor the favorites being shown.

8 strips out of 40 is not so much. So if I want to go from the first strip to the last strip quickly, in a snap, what is the key sequence ? And vice-versa.

UPDATE: Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End will do that.

And then, is it possible to set markers in the Mixer View, like it is in the Editor View ? Markers in the Mixer View would be put on strips to which one would want to quickly jump for mixing purposes. For instance, one works on strips 9-16 and hears something that could be quickly modified on strip 31. How to go in a snap to strip 31, do that quick modification then come back to focus on strips 9-16 ?

UPDATE: In the light of the Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End above, having something like Ctrl-LeftArrow and Ctrl-RightArrow to jump by clusters of say, 8 strips (number possibly configrable per session ?) could be useful to move quickier around, short of having dedicated markers for strips.
(09-25-2016, 05:01 AM)jonetsu Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2016, 04:02 AM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]It contains a bit of humor and the actual key sequence to go to previous mark : q

Well, I did not get the humor. Although I see what you mean with the key sequence now. Ther eis no need at all to press Ctrl- whatever to go to markers when in Mixer View. Simply 'q' and 'w' works fine. I use it them all the time.

This is not my question is, though.

My question is about navigating in the Mixer View itself. Not about markers, but about tracks. That I will now call "strips" in an effort to reduce confusion.

I do not have a fancy monitor, or a modern one for that matter. The one I have is only 1600x1200, but it works fine. If 5 mixbusses are displayed plus the master bus, then there is room for 8 strips to be shown. That is, without the monitor strip nor the favorites being shown.

8 strips out of 40 is not so much. So if I want to go from the first strip to the last strip quickly, in a snap, what is the key sequence ? And vice-versa.

UPDATE: Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End will do that.

And then, is it possible to set markers in the Mixer View, like it is in the Editor View ? Markers in the Mixer View would be put on strips to which one would want to quickly jump for mixing purposes. For instance, one works on strips 9-16 and hears something that could be quickly modified on strip 31. How to go in a snap to strip 31, do that quick modification then come back to focus on strips 9-16 ?

UPDATE: In the light of the Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End above, having something like Ctrl-LeftArrow and Ctrl-RightArrow to jump by clusters of say, 8 strips (number possibly configrable per session ?) could be useful to move quickier around, short of having dedicated markers for strips.

Looks like we have a different sense of humor! That is always good. Also for me it is no problem to hop to a different window to achieve something.

Good to see you continued the search for more keystrokes and made them public thanks.

In one situation i have a similar setup like you. For one thing you have 1200 pixel vertical : great !
I have solved the problems you have, or as i understand you have in a different way: I might help, i think it is never bad so get to know a different opinion. Or way of working.

1/ I do want to be able to switch quickly between the Edit window view, and the mixer window view.
2/ I want to have a quick overview of Channels, MixBusses, without fiddling, In Mixerview: You hear something and a single swipe should get you on the revelant place on screen.
3/ Similar in the edit screen : a quick swipe shout bring me to the essential

To accomplish this i never use the full screen mode of a window
For option one i use two layered windows: One the top can be seen above the focussed window, the other below: Just an edge. With a mouse click i raise or lower the one above the other. I know there are also keystrokes for that : but they differ for different OS or window system.

I expand the windows beyond the size of the screen: i make the all channels and busses fit inside the window by expanding it sideways and moving the window left right with alt. Mouse. This method allows all Mixbusses and as many channels as you want. One alt/mouse swipe brings you the the relevant section ..

Hope this helps to get a diffrent view.
regards
(09-25-2016, 11:41 AM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: In the light of the Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End above, having something like Ctrl-LeftArrow and Ctrl-RightArrow to jump by clusters of say, 8 strips (number possibly configrable per session ?) could be useful to move quickier around, short of having dedicated markers for strips.

"Ctrl-Page Up" and "Ctrl-Page Down" seem to do just that.
Pages: 1 2