Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: EDIT: got it now, works great! trouble scanning NI Kontakt player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(EDIT:Tongue FAQ had the answer, now I look forward to scan my AU`s on my macBig Grin)

Hi. I am fairly new to VST, being an AU user for so many years. This is my first try running an external plugin on windows since my win98SE setup was put to rest, so I really do not feel confident rigth now. That was probably the best thing about being an Apple user, everything more or less worked right out of the box, unless you went to fast (and to far) with OS upgrades.

I have two options for possible solutions; Either I have missed out on something really important, or this plugin actually does not work with Mixbus.

I chose the 64 bit version, but the wizard installed both for a reason. I did not mess with the directory. I also chose VSTi installation. Anyhow, the plug works properly standalone.

I have a Saffire6 USB soundcard available at home, but i would be really happy if I could perform small editing and programming tasks without connecting external devices.

In my production rooms I use different USB and firewire soundcards on a macbook pro. I use Kontakt Player in Logic on this setup, and it would be great if I could just transfer the library from there to here.

Lenovo laptop, Win10 64-bit, home edition, Intel Celeron 1,8Ghz, 4G ram. Recently nuked and reinstalled, so should be fairly clean.

BTW, I have restarted the machine after installation, reopened Mixbus after both manually scannning, and clicked the checkbox for scanning when mixbus is open. The plugin just don`t show.

I really hope that someone can give me some clues. I have downloaded some other good looking VST softsynths, but after a day of trial and errors I think it is time to ask the community for help. Angel
Well, I promise to read the manual and FAQ before I freak out again. This is fantastic, running Kontakt and Mixbus on this crap machine with no trouble makes every struggle worth it. For now at least Wink

BTW, anybody tried the sennheiser drummica? http://de-de.sennheiser.com/drummica

Downloaded yesterday, will check them out today. The registration is in German, but the procedure is fairly standard so it was no problem to fill the forms.