Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Could someone please tell me what this marker is?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
See attached image... Going back and forth between several DAWs including Pro Tools and Logic, I often forgot what I am doing and automatically hit a single, or series, of keystrokes before I realize I am in another DAW.

So, this marker popped up as a result but I could't figure out how I did it and have no idea it's purpose.

Anyone?

Thank you!
It's Called a "Sync Point"

[attachment=754] Wink
(05-12-2016, 04:56 AM)jiff 41 Wrote: [ -> ]It's Called a "Sync Point"

Wink

Page 134 of the manual.

Wink

So, what is it? How do you set it? How do you use it?
(05-12-2016, 05:58 AM)lkingston Wrote: [ -> ]

Wink

Page 134 of the manual.

Wink

So, what is it? How do you set it? How do you use it?

At the bottom of the pic I posted the page number from the manual (With directions on use) can be seen Page 122, Not 134 Huh
Weird, I just looked again and it definitely is on page 134 of the PDF manual I'm using (which is dated 2016/3/2). In any case, the point of this marker is to define a downbeat for a clip so that when it is moved it snaps in sync.
Sorry Ikingston my mistake, I looked at the manual date in my post 2015/07/15 & checked the online manual & it's been updated & it was stated that we would be informed when the manual would be updated but obviously we were not Blush,

So you're right I'm wrong! Sad

But sync points are handy I've used them a couple of times already!
(05-13-2016, 01:01 AM)jiff 41 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Ikingston my mistake, I looked at the manual date in my post 2015/07/15 & checked the online manual & it's been updated & it was stated that we would be informed when the manual would be updated but obviously we were not Blush,

Now that I'm aware of them I will use them as well. This is a cool feature.
Thanks for the answers!
Hi Jiff 41,

I don't recall saying manual updates would be announced. If I gave that impression I apologize.

The manual is updated often, mostly minor changes. The cover page of the PDF will show the date the last change was made. Maybe this should be improved.

Regards

(05-13-2016, 01:01 AM)jiff 41 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Ikingston my mistake, I looked at the manual date in my post 2015/07/15 & checked the online manual & it's been updated & it was stated that we would be informed when the manual would be updated but obviously we were not Blush,

(05-17-2016, 08:36 AM)Mike@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jiff 41,

I don't recall saying manual updates would be announced. If I gave that impression I apologize.

The manual is updated often, mostly minor changes. The cover page of the PDF will show the date the last change was made. Maybe this should be improved.

Regards

The apologies come from me Mike!, Confusion all round on my part (But I'm old see!!) It does say in the thread to check back often & I didn't/haven't been, So it's my fault Blush.