Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: show master track in editor window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I open a project, it defaults to showing the master out strip on the left of the editor window....which I love!!! but once I click on a track, it shows that channel strip (makes sense), but how do you get the master out channel to show again????? I just spent 20 mins trying to find it.....maybe it's late and I'm out of it, but surely there is way....

help....

and thanks.....
What you are referring to is called the editor mixer. The editor mixer follows whichever track you have selected in the editor window. By default, a new session will hide the master track in the editor window, so to be able to change it back to show the master track, you first need to enable the master tracks visibility in the editor window and then select it.

- Go to the 'Tracks & Busses' tab of the editor list (View > Show Editor List if it is not visible)
- At the bottom of 'Tracks & Busses', tick the box for 'Master'

Now the master track will show up in the editor window. When you select it, it will now appear in the editor mixer.
In v2 we made the convention that, whenever you deselect all channels, you see the Master bus. But some people found this confusing.

We could re-instate that rule, or make an option for it.

Personally I have adapted to using the "mix" window when I want to see the master bus.

Let me know what you think.....
I really miss the v2 convention.

Envoyé de mon L-ITE 402 en utilisant Tapatalk
(08-07-2015, 05:51 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]We could re-instate that rule, or make an option for it.
An option could be a usefull choice.
(08-07-2015, 01:23 AM)LeatusPenguin Wrote: [ -> ]What you are referring to is called the editor mixer. The editor mixer follows whichever track you have selected in the editor window. By default, a new session will hide the master track in the editor window, so to be able to change it back to show the master track, you first need to enable the master tracks visibility in the editor window and then select it.

- Go to the 'Tracks & Busses' tab of the editor list (View > Show Editor List if it is not visible)
- At the bottom of 'Tracks & Busses', tick the box for 'Master'

Now the master track will show up in the editor window. When you select it, it will now appear in the editor mixer.

(08-07-2015, 05:51 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [ -> ]In v2 we made the convention that, whenever you deselect all channels, you see the Master bus. But some people found this confusing.

We could re-instate that rule, or make an option for it.

Personally I have adapted to using the "mix" window when I want to see the master bus.

Let me know what you think.....

thanks so much LeatusPenguin! I knew it would be possible

Ben, I was instinctively trying to do it the way you mention, so yeah, I'd like that back....but as long as I can see it, I'm good. not a big deal breaker by any means