Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Tascam Model 24 control surface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the Tascam Model 24 and my question is if I can use it as a control surface for Harrison Mixbus 10
(04-19-2024, 10:16 AM)Joan Asin Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Tascam Model 24 and my question is if I can use it as a control surface for Harrison Mixbus 10

Hi, Im pretty sure the Model 16/24 is not a D.A.W. control surface. Only the Model 12 acts as a control surface.

The Model 16/24 has USB audio interface capability only.

I don't think you can use it as a controller in either Mixbus10 or any other DAW.  Undecided
(04-19-2024, 10:16 AM)Joan Asin Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Tascam Model 24 and my question is if I can use it as a control surface for Harrison Mixbus 10

Hi Joan Asin,
Welcome to the Mixbus forum.
@MikeTPR appears to be correct, whilst the Model24 can act as an audio I/O with Mixbus or other DAW, it does not appear to be designed as a controller.
Here is a comparison chart for the Tascam range.
Having said that I (being a skeptic) would give it a try... just to see if the 'experts' are wrong.
Thanks, you are right, Models 16 and 24 cannot be used as DAW controllers, but Model 12 can. My question is if the Tascam Model 12 can work as a controller with the new Mixbus 10
(04-28-2024, 07:20 PM)Joan Asin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, you are right, Models 16 and 24 cannot be used as DAW controllers, but Model 12 can. My question is if the Tascam Model 12 can work as a controller with the new Mixbus 10

From what I see of the Tascam 12 from product reviews etc, it is Mackie enabled and Mixbus supports Mackie protocol.
This does not guarantee that every single controller will be mapped.
I do not know of anyone with a Tascam12 so cannot help there.
My advice would be to download a demo of v10 and try it out with the Tascam 12 before you buy.