Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Adjust bar/beat to cursor position with no timestretch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We record live without a click track. Sometimes it's nice to adjust the tempo track so the measure/bar/beat grid aligns with the music. Is there a command to move the nearest beat line to cursor position (by adding the tempo track node calculated to place the beat on the kick drum transient for example) in Mixbus 32C?
Thanks Ben, I'll let you know how I make out with it.

EDIT - just started watching Nathan's video - didn't realize this was a brand new addition to v9!
We had an earlier version of tempo mapping as early as v6 I think (?) but we really improved it a lot in v9.
It was really easy to build the tempo map using Grid Mode. Nathan's tip in the video to put a "guard marker" a bar behind where you want to adjust was helpful. I have done tempo work like this in Cakewalk and using some SWS Extensions in Reaper but Mixbus now has the most convenient tools for this.

Question - I would like to "bold" the grid lines while doing this. I played with color transparency of the track and the grid line but the bar and beat lines are still a bit hard to see on my 27" 1080 monitor and my 40" 4K. Can you recommend settings that would make grid lines stand out more?

Thanks