Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: 500 series preamp with Harrison sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have purchased a Great River Harrison EQ and was wanting to get a 500 series preamp that captures the Harrison sound. I can't seem to find any Harrison licensed module, so I was hoping someone here could point me in the direction of the closest sounding preamp to match the 32c sound. I appreciate any input and feedback!

Thanks!

Cole
Harrison makes a range of rack mounted gear including a 32C Mic Pre with EQ and a Lineage version that has 8 mic preamps (two each of the various eras of Harrison consoles).
I understand that they are negotiating with various companies to produce versions of preamp EQ etc.
Best to contact Harrison sales directly... info@harrisonconsoles.com
I was aware of the 32cs and 8 channel preamp. I was just wanting to add the preamp since I already have the Great River 32c EQ and their compressor too.

I will reach out to Harrison. Thanks!

Cole
11 months later, your request has been answered:

https://harrisonaudio.com/products/32cpre
Yes!!! I need to procure one ASAP!

Thanks for sharing this with me!!!

Cole
You're welcome. I was expecting the new releases to be posted here already since Harrison emailed out the new NAMM announcements yesterday, but I guess it was a "slow news day". The preamp, the MR3 EQ, and a compressor are all coming available.

I like the preamp having the filters built in.
I went to order the preamp, and the only place I could find a preorder option was at Front End Audio. I was surprised to see that they are charging $799 for it instead of the press release price of $699. The other modules are more expensive than the $399 press release prices too. I decided to hold off and wait to see if other vendors will be taking the same route. I would prefer to just order directly from Harrison, but I guess that isn't an option like their other hardware in the past.

Cole
Vintage King has them at the higher listed prices as well. It's probably worth waiting until they are out in the wild and then make a phone call. Front End Audio had some wiggle room on a Vanguard Audio Labs V13 I bought a while back once I called in.
Hello All,

what about some comparison between Great River Harrison32 EQ and new "native" Harrison MR3eq?