Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Bounce tracks through external analog gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Mixbusians,

I'm starting to collect a small amount of analog gear, and want to be able to route individual tracks through the analog gear. I've been able to do this with inserts, I got them configured and working, latency synced up, and able to process them in real time.

My question is, what's the most efficient way to bounce this to a new track? I suppose I could create a new track, point it to the same hardware input specified on the insert return, and just record it as it plays. Is that the best way? Or is there a way to "bounce to track" in real time for external inserts?

Thanks!
(08-07-2022, 11:23 AM)JWL Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose I could create a new track, point it to the same hardware input specified on the insert return, and just record it as it plays. Is that the best way?

Confirming for posterity that this works very well but if there's a better/different way to do it, I'd love to hear about it.
(08-07-2022, 04:49 PM)JWL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2022, 11:23 AM)JWL Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose I could create a new track, point it to the same hardware input specified on the insert return, and just record it as it plays. Is that the best way?

Confirming for posterity that this works very well but if there's a better/different way to do it, I'd love to hear about it.

I can't imagine what other way there would be. Huh Shy