Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Quote in Post Export Command
Bug 
Hi there,

I'm exporting to a wav/cue file (CD, Red Book preset) and then split the file into flac tracks with this command:

Code:
shnsplit -f export.wav.cue -t "export_%n_-_%t" -o "flac flac -s -8 -o %f -" export.wav

Now I would love to simply put this in the "post export" command, but it does not work. The log indicates that Mixbus seems to strip all the double quotes. Any ideas how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance!
Thomas
Usually doing live sound …
Try putting \" instead of ". This is "escaping the quote", which may cause the " to be passed as a normal character.
Hi Varpa,

Thanks a lot! This actually works.

Now I simply need to escape the %, too. So the full command now looks like this:

Code:
shnsplit -f %f.cue -t \"export_%%n_-_%%t\" -o \"flac flac -s -8 -o %%f -\" %f

It would be great if someone could add this \" thing to the Ardour and Mixbus manuals?
(02-20-2021, 05:03 AM)loderunner Wrote: It would be great if someone could add this \" thing to the Ardour and Mixbus manuals?

Well... that's not an Ardour/Mixbus thingy. You are running a shell command so it has to follow shell rules. I'm pretty sure you'll find this all over shell scripting manuals.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Are you sure it's not Mixbus that removes the qoutes from the command?
(02-21-2021, 04:50 PM)loderunner Wrote: Are you sure it's not Mixbus that removes the qoutes from the command?

Pretty much. Unless Mixbus has its own built-in command line interpreter.
You have to do the same thing in a bash script and the command line you have to write in Linux or Mac is most probably not identical with the Windows one - given you write something more sophisticated of course. Ironically, Linux and Mac lines should be interchangeable. Ironically because of being the most open vs the most locked up systems.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried any of this, hence "pretty much".

(my own philsophy is that an end product is an end product and only then I need multiple formats and for the ones which are not natively supported by the export dialogue I rather find the best converter and derive it manually from the 24bit wav files)

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(02-22-2021, 05:58 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 04:50 PM)loderunner Wrote: Are you sure it's not Mixbus that removes the qoutes from the command?

Pretty much. Unless Mixbus has its own built-in command line interpreter.

It's certainly not a full blown interpreter but (if I'm not mistaken) it does two things: Substitute some aliases and pass everything between double quotes unchanged, but without the quotes.

In the log window you can see the command that's actually executed (with substitutions and without un-escaped double quotes). This is why I think they are removed inside Mixbus and never make it to the shell.