Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loop recording, latency issue
Hi,
I'm recording several takes of a solo over a backing track. I've setup Jack on my Linux machine and my recordings are just a handful of samples off the metronome tick. I use hardware monitoring.

If I start recording from the start of the session or from any other point, my recording is OK.

The problem:
If I start loop recording, my recordings are a bit late from the backing track. It is hard to measure without an ad hoc recording but it looks about the same as my total uncompensated I/O delay as measured by jack_iodelay (around 110ms).

I use 3x1024 buffers for my USB Focusrite 8i6 gen1, and jackd seems to start in asynchronous mode.
My version is: Mixbus 6.1.22 (rev 6.1-22-ge24d44d) Intel 64-bit (old glibc)

I've read about "
Don't loop record as I did" (but "I'm not allowed to put url in the post") I've also followed the manual instructing to do a punch in/out inside the loop; to later discover that this no longer works, at "Punch recording function inside the loop" (but "I'm not allowed to put url in the post")
I've sent email to support, to no response.

So... how am I supposed to record several takes until I finally nail it without hiring someone to hit the record button ?