Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rearrange Mixer strips - Ubuntu 20.04 Jack Scarlett 18i8 MB 6.2.270
Hi looking for a bit of advice. I cannot seem to find a way of re-arranging the layout of the Track Strips or the Mix Strips. 

I have tried moving them in the Editor list and I can drag and drop them to suit the layout I want. But that order is not reflected in the MIxer view. It stays as it was when first created.

I expected to be able to simply drag the strips on the mixer to the layout I wanted. I must be missing something obvious.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
Spart
You can rearrange tracks... however the Mixbusses 8 or 12 depending on your version are locked and cannot be reordered.
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...ing-tracks
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(01-23-2021, 06:51 PM)Dingo Wrote: You can rearrange tracks... however the Mixbusses 8 or 12 depending on your version are locked and cannot be reordered.
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...ing-tracks
I am not sure that is what I am trying to do. 

The visual layout of the track strips and mixer strips is what I am trying to rearrange to make them more logical. I can reorder in the lists but the layout of the 'desk' stays the same as When I created it.

So it seems the only way for me to get the order I want is to see the future and set them up that way at the start! That cannot be the case surely....

Given that just about everything is assignable I can't believe that the visual layout of the 'desk' cannot be changed in a session with many strips.

Cheers
Spart
(01-23-2021, 08:10 PM)sparticle Wrote: Given that just about everything is assignable I can't believe that the visual layout of the 'desk' cannot be changed in a session with many strips.

Cheers
Spart

From what I read, you wish to re-order tracks in the Mixer window: if you create 8 channels (1 thru 8) and you want to re-order them

7,8,2,1,6,4,5,3... then follow any of the methods described in the link I provided.... or am I misunderstanding what you want to achieve ?

Channel strips reside on the LHS of the Mixer and can be individually re-ordered. 

Mixbusses, Master, and Monitor strips reside on the RHS and cannot be re-ordered. VCA's are fixed on the RHS and can be individually re-ordered. 

The layout of Sends or EQ's are locked and cannot be rearranged.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(01-23-2021, 11:06 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 08:10 PM)sparticle Wrote: Given that just about everything is assignable I can't believe that the visual layout of the 'desk' cannot be changed in a session with many strips.

Cheers
Spart

From what I read, you wish to re-order tracks in the Mixer window: if you create 8 channels (1 thru 8) and you want to re-order them

7,8,2,1,6,4,5,3... then follow any of the methods described in the link I provided.... or am I misunderstanding what you want to achieve ?

Channel strips reside on the LHS of the Mixer and can be individually re-ordered. 

Mixbusses, Master, and Monitor strips reside on the RHS and cannot be re-ordered. VCA's are fixed on the RHS and can be individually re-ordered. 

Ok many thanks. I can reorder the 'desk' Channels (Left Hand Side) now by dragging the order in the show strips window on the left of the channels. I will have to rename and replug the right hand side mixbusses to match the order I want.

Cheers
Spart
(01-24-2021, 09:40 AM)sparticle Wrote:

Cheers
Spart

Ok many thanks. I can reorder the 'desk' Channels (Left Hand Side) now by dragging the order in the show strips window on the left of the channels. I will have to rename and replug the right hand side mixbusses to match the order I want.

Cheers
Spart

Hi I find it so much easier to re-arrange in the Editor window myself.
As you use MB you'll start setting up from the start easier and just save empty sessions with all your Plugins sat there. Cheers
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.
(02-08-2021, 12:59 PM)wavesound Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 09:40 AM)sparticle Wrote:

Cheers
Spart

Cheers
Spart

Hi I find it so much easier to re-arrange in the Editor window myself.
As you use MB you'll start setting up from the start easier and just save empty sessions with all your Plugins sat there. Cheers

Many thanks,

Yeah, I think it's just getting used to the limitations and capabilities. The latter far outweighing the former!

Cheers
Spart