Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus Stopped Opening
That looks like mine. And it was the last thing touched in the log.

Unless you want to really mess with larger strace outputs I'm at the end of remote debugging ideas.
Mixbus6 on (16" MBP i9-9980HK @Catalina) or (Thinkpad Carbon X1 Gen4 @Ubuntu Studio 20.04)
(01-05-2021, 12:42 PM)uOpt Wrote: That looks like mine. And it was the last thing touched in the log.

Unless you want to really mess with larger strace outputs I'm at the end of remote debugging ideas.

I don't know why you stopped at the simple log when the OP actually managed to print the strace log you asked for Wink
but in any case I don't think the culprit was the clearlooks rc file but a much more usual suspect in the given case would be the csladspa stuff Smile
Mixbus/32C 5.3.22, 6.2.407 and 7.1.92 on Manjaro midtower i5-6600K 3.5GHz and Manjaro or LibraZik3 on Lenovo X250 i5
Mixbus 5.3.22 and 6.2.407 on Win10x64/Lenovo T40 i7 and X250 i5
audiocards: Scarlett 2i4, Tascam US4x4HR
I'm wondering why it's trying to write on a directory/file that does not exist:

openat(AT_FDCWD, "/opt/Mixbus-6.2.70/plugins", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_CLOEXEC|O_DIRECTORY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
writev(2, [{iov_base="free(): invalid pointer", iov_len=23}, {iov_base="\n", iov_len=1}], 2free(): invalid pointer
) = 24

(As per the stack-trace, listed a couple responses back.)

Note that this particular directory [/opt/Mixbus-6.2.70/plugins] was
determined not to exist earlier in the stack trace. So... This suggests a bug to me.

Cheers!
Patrick
(01-05-2021, 03:12 PM)PBuryk Wrote: I'm wondering why it's trying to write on a directory/file that does not exist:

openat(AT_FDCWD, "/opt/Mixbus-6.2.70/plugins", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_CLOEXEC|O_DIRECTORY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
writev(2, [{iov_base="free(): invalid pointer", iov_len=23}, {iov_base="\n", iov_len=1}], 2free(): invalid pointer
) = 24

(As per the stack-trace, listed a couple responses back.)

Note that this particular directory [/opt/Mixbus-6.2.70/plugins] was
determined not to exist earlier in the stack trace. So... This suggests a bug to me.

No, I don't have that directory either and my strace from a working Mixbus start shows the same lookup and "no such file or directory".

Maybe we need an `strace -f ...` here.
Mixbus6 on (16" MBP i9-9980HK @Catalina) or (Thinkpad Carbon X1 Gen4 @Ubuntu Studio 20.04)
Very nice post..
On second thought....

) = 24

That write might be destined for a STANDARD ERROR channel (I overlooked that to be file handle "12" earlier), so not a bug.
What still gets me scratchin' is the dang failed open of the /opt/Mixbus-6.2.70/plugins directory.
I'm still thinking that the code for that is not expecting to be where it can't do some
"Next step" and, therefore branches out to that whole tear-down routine.
Without doubt, we need more strace detail and/or that section of the actual code to view.
Either way, I'm really interested to know what the core issue is now!!

Cheers!
Patrick
As I said, mine does the same thing (dir not found) but ends up working fine. I think this is a red herring.