Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foldback buses
My journey from Windows to Linux is starting to be at a point where I need to think about installing AVLinux MXE on my studio computer. I am currently using the RME Fireface 802 interface and doing headphone mixes with its Totalmix Fx feature. I'm going to lose it on the Linux side. So I have to do headphone mixes on Mixbus’s Foldback buses. Just think about latencies and make it work properly. So far I have tested, AVLinux at home. Behringer Uphoria with UMC808HD. Everything is going pretty well. Should I just step in
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

(12-30-2020, 03:16 PM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: My journey from Windows to Linux is starting to be at a point where I need to think about installing AVLinux MXE on my studio computer. I am currently using the RME Fireface 802 interface and doing headphone mixes with its Totalmix Fx feature. I'm going to lose it on the Linux side. So I have to do headphone mixes on Mixbus’s Foldback buses. Just think about latencies and make it work properly. So far I have tested, AVLinux at home. Behringer Uphoria with UMC808HD. Everything is going pretty well. Should I just step in

Hard drives are cheap theses days: unplug your Windows drive (for safety), install AVL on the new drive and test. If it's not working, plug back. If it's working, fine. In both cases you can use the extra drive for sessions or sample libraries or whatevs - or make it dual boot.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
[/quote]

Hard drives are cheap theses days: unplug your Windows drive (for safety), install AVL on the new drive and test. If it's not working, plug back. If it's working, fine. In both cases you can use the extra drive for sessions or sample libraries or whatevs - or make it dual boot.

MMM
[/quote]

Or should i use Clonezilla to make backup image of my windows installation. I guess it would work. Or test with avlinux live usb. I want to belive it works just fineShy
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7