Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meldaproduction UI issue
Hello,

Do others have the same problem as me? Melda Production plugins cannot resize the UI properly. I use these with the AVLinux 2020 version via Linvst. Of course, they don’t support Linux, but if anyone happens to know any way to fix the situation.

Of course on the Windows side everything works ok. But it would be nice to make this work on the Linux side as well, because that’s where the direction is.

I already managed to ask Melda's people for native Linux support, but of course the answer is always: "not planned" But on the other hand, a few plugin companies are already advanced with Linux support. And that's great.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

Always been like that. It's only on Mixbus. As I gathered, this is because Mixbus never closes a plugin's UI when minimized. When compared to Bitwig, minimizing the plugin and bringing it back signals the plugin to resize it's window. No such thing with Mixbus.

The net result is that I don't mind at all under Bitwig to click two more times to do the minimize routine whereas under Mixbus I usually stick to the Melda plugin main window. If I really, really want to use a resized Melda plugin under Mixbus, I do whatever operation that will ask for a resizing of the plugin, then I terminate Mixbus and start it a new. The Melda plugin will be resized, as it received the query to resized itself at startup. Again, when I need to do that, I do not mind at all the time it takes to close down Mixbus and start it again. But this is rare.

In those times I'm reminded of Michael White (mix engineer, Whitney Houston, David Byrne, etc...) saying that 'back in the days' mix engineer had to pause while a tape was rewinding, giving them a break which was beneficial for the mix. I think many nowadays are not taking enough breaks while mixing.

(10-08-2020, 12:16 PM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: I already managed to ask Melda's people for native Linux support, but of course the answer is always: "not planned" But on the other hand, a few plugin companies are already advanced with Linux support. And that's great.

On the gossip side of things, Vojtech is an incredible nice guy in this business. I will always remember the days when he sent me debug versions of MDrummer in order to troubleshoot a bug in Bitwig under Linux, even though it was, and still is, not a supported OS, with reason.

Thereafter I got the full Melda bundle, some 114 plugins and I'm always amazed at the frequent updates and all the added features and added plugins (like the fantastic MSoundFactory synth), all for free, 'forever'.

Cheers.
I installed the latest Avlinux MXE and the latest Mixbus 32C the problem is gone. The Melda UI works perfectly.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7