Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synology, Mixbus 32C, Ubuntu Studio 20*, Track backup
As you can see I’m using MB32c for Multitrack work on Ubuntu studio.
I bought and built a Synology Nas box with 4 HD’s

The Nas shows up on my machine in network.

I started a few 32 track mixing projects and started backing up the whole Folder for each song, around 2.5 gig at this time.

After upgrading MB and a new machine I imported the files back to my multitrack and was surprised that MB complained of missing files.
The the import would stop stating missing files and would not continue at all.

On looking at the files on the NAS I note that they seem a lot smaller than the files on my machine!

It seems the Synology OS cannot understand some of the files from Ardour/ MB when you have deleted them from within the software but not cleaned them (Flush basket)

This seems to be a the problem so far.

On my 500 GB External backup I have no problem at all.

So it would seem to be the Synology OS not seeing the files.

Of late I have to go into the Synology software and actually delete them myself.
Hence I have lost guitar and vocal parts of the songs. Then it will load the rest of the file.

Can I remove the Synology OS and replace it with any Linux version?

I only use the Nas for backup.

Cheers All
Bob
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.
Hi All
There seems to be quite a bit on the Synology forums with files disappearing when using MAC os. I use afp to connect though is there a way to use samba with the synology?
Cheers
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.
(09-19-2020, 09:43 AM)wavesound Wrote: Can I remove the Synology OS and replace it with any Linux version?
I only use the Nas for backup.

Looks like you are better off in a Synology forum with this...
If your hardware is non-x86 and there's no Debian version - try and have a look at NetBSD, this runs virtually everywhere from coffee machine to toaster Wink
MMM

P.S.: If it is x86 based, you can also try FreeNAS. I'm using this for years now.
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths