Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Managing Templates
First of all, let me specify that I am still on 5.3.4.
Is there anywhere to manage the Templates that have been created? Specifically, I want to delete some that are obsolete to my workflow. I would also like my go-to template to be the first option when I am creating a new session (as opposed to "Empty Template".
Any way to do this?
(09-06-2020, 10:50 AM)drsaamah Wrote: First of all, let me specify that I am still on 5.3.4.
Is there anywhere to manage the Templates that have been created? Specifically, I want to delete some that are obsolete to my workflow. I would also like my go-to template to be the first option when I am creating a new session (as opposed to "Empty Template".
Any way to do this?

The template manager lets you rename/archive/delete templates. As for the order of appearance I believe you can edit ~/.config/mixbus5/recent_templates

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
[/quote]
The template manager lets you rename/archive/delete templates. As for the order of appearance I believe you can edit ~/.config/mixbus5/recent_templates
MMM
[/quote]
Thank you, I appreciate the reply, but I cannot for the life of me find the "template manager". I have the prompt when I create a new session that does not allow me to do anything other than select template, and then I have the dialog that comes up during a session when I click "File->Save Template" in the toolbar. That also does not allow me to do anything with the templates that have already been created.
MMM
[/quote]
Thank you, I appreciate the reply, but I cannot for the life of me find the "template manager". I have the prompt when I create a new session that does not allow me to do anything other than select template, and then I have the dialog that comes up during a session when I click "File->Save Template" in the toolbar. That also does not allow me to do anything with the templates that have already been created.
[/quote]

The manual is quite good at that...
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...te+manager

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
[/quote]
The manual is quite good at that...
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...te+manager
MMM
[/quote]

Awesome, thank you so much MMM. I really appreciate that Smile
(09-06-2020, 10:50 AM)drsaamah Wrote: First of all, let me specify that I am still on 5.3.4.
Any way to do this?

Seems that you have got an answer to you question. Just a tip: In the template manager there is no way to edit your templates. To solve this I make an empty session(no audio files) as a setup for each template. If I want to change anything in the template later I open the empty session, do the changes needed and save it with the same template name.

S:-)

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
[/quote]
Seems that you have got an answer to you question. Just a tip: In the template manager there is no way to edit your templates. To solve this I make an empty session(no audio files) as a setup for each template. If I want to change anything in the template later I open the empty session, do the changes needed and save it with the same template name.

S:-)
[/quote]

Great idea Smile Thank you.
I've realized the last few days that people really have way more go-to methods for production and mixing than I do. I see people with templates that have specific plugin chains for each instrument and tracks already dedicated to those instruments. I just wanted to have hardware inputs and outputs already connected and ready to go. There's no way I can commit to using a size fits all production method for every project haha.

Thank you both for the help again. Really appreciate it.