Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akai mpk mini play
Hello,

I did a bit of searching, and did not find anything on the subject.
I have an Akai mpk mini play that I use for entering some notes and drum stuff, I'm not a keyboard virtuoso by any standard. And I would like to use the arpeggirator from time to time.

I set the akai to external sync using the editor under wine but now it does nothing and I can't seem to tell mixbus to send sync signals to it.

I'm on mixbus 6.1.22 and I'm running Fedora 31 with jack and a focusrite 2i4 2nd gen.
I wonder if this is OS specific or if it is more of a problem with mixbus as there have been problems with other things syncing with mixbus.
I think when using jack, MIDI sync data will go through the associated audio interface midi i/o eg: focusrite 2i4 midi jacks
So you will need a bridge to communicate from jack to alsa usb midi if you want to send sync to Akai MPK

The easiest way would be to set Akai MPK tempo to internal with the same value as in mixbus project imo

Or maybe use a software plugin arp instead of the MPK one, you may end up with more options
(08-14-2020, 12:13 PM)keefaz Wrote: I think when using jack, MIDI sync data will go through the associated audio interface midi i/o eg: focusrite 2i4 midi jacks
So you will need a bridge to communicate from jack to alsa usb midi if you want to send sync to Akai MPK

The easiest way would be to set Akai MPK tempo to internal with the same value as in mixbus project imo

Or maybe use a software plugin arp instead of the MPK one, you may end up with more options
The akai has only usb so the midi ports of the scarlet cannot be used. Setting the tempo on the mpk mini can only be done using the tap button as far as I can see. Plus with interal tempo it will not be in sync with the recording.
thanks for the suggestion I will look further to see if I can find anything. If I do find an answer I will report back here.
the MPK in and out ports should appear.
You also need to set the sync out to MIDI clock and send that to the MPK port.
you'll find the sync settings in the preferences section.
I'm not at my computer with Mixbus on it now. Hopefully this is enough to get you going.

You may need to run a tool like ajmidid to have the ports appear to Jack.. But alternatively you could run your focusrite with ALSA and things will be simpler .
Allan  Klinbail 

Steam Mastering - www.steam-mastering.com