Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrong Mixbus install : how to uninstall it ?
(08-05-2020, 02:30 AM)wunic Wrote:
Quote:Segmentation fault

Normally I'm strictly not one of the "you need more memory" guys... but being an old Core2Duo 32bit machine... how much memory do you have installed and do you have an adequate swap partition?

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
This machine have 4Go memory ... And I recently changed my 2 original hard drives, with 2 x Seagate "firecuda" 1To hard drives including 8Go SSHD ...

I created one 8Go Swap memory when I installed AVLinux on one of the HD, and 4Go more on the second, for my general usages Linux-Mint ( Debian edition 3 ) ...
My handmade guitar-amps web site : http://www.wunic.fr
(08-07-2020, 12:13 PM)wunic Wrote: This machine have 4Go memory ... And I recently changed my 2 original hard drives, with 2 x Seagate "firecuda" 1To hard drives including 8Go SSHD ...

I created one 8Go Swap memory when I installed AVLinux on one of the HD, and 4Go more on the second, for my general usages Linux-Mint ( Debian edition 3 ) ...

Yep that'll do...
Speaking of AVLinux: this comes with a Mixbus demo preinstalled - is this working?

MMM
Linux throughout!

Yes, it run perfectly even if I was disapointed of the synchro with hydrogen ... It was the reason why I was in a hurry to update it from 6.0.7 to 6.1.22 ... Wink
(08-08-2020, 02:52 AM)wunic Wrote: Yes, it run perfectly even if I was disapointed of the synchro with hydrogen ... It was the reason why I was in a hurry to update it from 6.0.7 to 6.1.22 ... Wink

Bummer! Now, maybe you delete the ~/.config/mixbus6 (again) and then try
/opt/Mixbus-6.1.122/bin/Mixbus-6.1.122.uninstall.sh
then install the old 6.0 version again and check if that's still working. Always use the gcc5 version on your system!
If it's working, install 6.1.122 gcc5 again...

Sounds stupid, I know... but also if it doesn't work it's worth an email to mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

MMM
Linux throughout!

As you told me earlier in my other topic, several version of Mixbus could coexist on a system, so my 6.0.7 (licensed) is always operational ... and run fine ...

So, what you want me to do, is I uninstall and clean configuration files for both version 6.0.7 and 6.1.22, right ? Then re-install 6.0.7 and verify to it's functions ? And If no problem with 6.0.7, then I'll try again to re-install 6.1.22 ?
(08-08-2020, 07:22 AM)wunic Wrote: As you told me earlier in my other topic, several version of Mixbus could coexist on a system, so my 6.0.7 (licensed) is always operational ... and run fine ...

So, what you want me to do, is I uninstall and clean configuration files for both version 6.0.7 and 6.1.22, right ? Then re-install 6.0.7 and verify to it's functions ? And If no problem with 6.0.7, then I'll try again to re-install 6.1.22 ?

Ooops, you have two v6 versions concurrently?
There's no problems with major versions coexisting, like v5 and v6, but v6.0 and v6.1 will share their config settings (in ~/.config/mixbus6) and maybe more... I'm not sure how this goes down, I never tried to have concurrent minor versions on the same system.
Worth a try uninstalling both, but you may lose both versions temporarily, so don't do this in the middle of a project.

MMM
Linux throughout!

I have multiple versions of v6 on my system and have not detected any issues.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Finally, I uninstall both versions ...

And first, I re-install 6.0.7 and see it ask me the same question about gcc ... I didn't remenber it of the first install, which was 6.0.7x86 one ...
So I don't take care of it and go on the install . And all seem to run fine ( at least basic operations ) ...

Then, I try to install 6.1.22, but the "x86" one, instead of the "x86-gcc5" ... And same as for 6.0.7, I don't take care of the question about gcc . So the install run to its normal finish and lauching it, runs correctly ...

I'm not a pro MAO user, so, I only test some of the basic functions of Mixbus, but not recording ones for the moment . At now, the few ones I tested seems OK ...

Thanks to all for your help !