Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whirl unlicensed?
I tried to use the Whirl plugin but the full GUI version shows as unlicensed. According to the manual it is supposed to be free and fully functional. The simple version seems to work fine.
What's going on?
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Where in the manual have you read that?
The standalone Leslie one of the commercial plugin GUIs.
@X42 -

As listed in the latest V6 32C Live Manual:

X42 partner products:
X42 SetBfree modeled tonewheel organ ( free, full-functioning )
X42 Whirl rotating speaker effect ( free, full-functioning )
X42 MIDI filter plug-ins ( free, full-functioning )
X42 Stereo Routing ( free, full-functioning )
X42-Digital Peak Limiter (free, full-functioning)
X42 Metering suite ( unlicensed demo )
X42 ×42-EQ ( unlicensed demo )

!Please Note. This list is subject to change at any time without notice or obligation by Harrison Consoles.

Judging by your reply here, I presume the above is a mis-print?

Cheers!
Patrick
Yes it's a typos in the manual. I'll ask the editor to correct that. Thanks for the heads up!
(07-22-2020, 02:47 PM)x42 Wrote: Yes it's a typos in the manual. I'll ask the editor to correct that. Thanks for the heads up!
Happy to help. Wink I guessed that was the case.
Sad I now have to add "Whirl" to my wishlist of plugins, just beneath XT-SP. Tongue
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.