Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus and Jack issues
Hi,

I start Jack (with the help of QjackCtl) this way before starting a Mixbus session:

Code:
/usr/bin/jackd -P95 -dalsa -dhw:M1010 -r44100 -p1024 -n2

Now, I wanted to test a Mixbus32C session without starting Jack first and opens up a session and strange things happen:
  • There is no sound and Mixbus only sees two channels inputs (as "PulseAudio JACK Source-01" and -02) and outputs. I do not want any pulse audio when working with Mixbus ora any other music application.
  • The Audio/MIDI setup finds the card and is using the right sample rate and so on, but if I, for example, try to calibrate audio, then Mixbus32C complains and says correctly that the session was created with a sample rate of 44100 HZ, but Mixbus32C is currently running at 48000 (see the screenshot.)
  • The same box with the 48000 messages also comes up when I try to stop and start the Jack system from the Audio/MIDI setup.

This makes this internal handling of Jack impossible for me, and I have had this problem for some years now.

Here are some observations:
  • Mixbus32C starts jackdbus with: "/usr/bin/jackdbus auto"
  • When I try to calibrate, it looks like MB32C wants to start jack with the command line while Jack started with dbus still runs. The terminal output is "JACK command line will be: /usr/bin/jackd -t 200 -p 2048 -R -T -d alsa -n 2 -r 44100 -p 1024 -d hw:M1010,0"
  • When I quit Mixbus32C, the jack process still runs as "/usr/bin/jackdbus auto". I have to kill it before starting a new session.

Does anyone have ideas about this? Both the internal Masterclock and the actual rate of the soundcard is 44100. I'm happy with starting Jack with QjackCtl because it gives me control and scripts are starting and stopping automatically as they should. But it would be nice to have Mixbus's internal control over Jack working.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
to set things clear

Mixbus 6 works with jack, when setup with jackcontrol ?

regards

Frank

sorry to busy to find out myself : and its not for me ..
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(07-01-2020, 04:04 AM)Frank Wrote: Mixbus 6 works with jack, when setup with jackcontrol ?

Yes, and it only works properly when jackd is already started.

I have disabled dbus in QjackCtl, and in /etc/pulse/default.pa, no luck. And manually removing jack dbus by hand will probably corrupt the jackd installation.
Tak !
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(07-01-2020, 02:02 AM)Jostein Wrote: Does anyone have ideas about this? Both the internal Masterclock and the actual rate of the soundcard is 44100. I'm happy with starting Jack with QjackCtl because it gives me control and scripts are starting and stopping automatically as they should. But it would be nice to have Mixbus's internal control over Jack working.

What comes to mind is that Mixbus could maybe brought to starting qjackctl -s
Qjackctl keeps its own set of config. Mixbus starts just Jack and Jack by default takes the ALSA default device - which would be workaround #2: change your default ALSA device to the desired.
I personally start qjackctl first thing after boot...

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(07-01-2020, 08:37 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: What comes to mind is that Mixbus could maybe brought to starting qjackctl -s
Qjackctl keeps its own set of config. Mixbus starts just Jack and Jack by default takes the ALSA default device - which would be workaround #2: change your default ALSA device to the desired.

It's only one device to start (the internal device is disabled i BIOS):

Code:
aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: M1010 [M Audio Delta 1010], device 0: ICE1712 multi [ICE1712 multi]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I think I give this up, it's so powerful and simple to use QjackCtl as the control center anyway and I was just testing. I believe it will take a very long time before I even consider this again.