Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question
The Winner Takes It All: A Shark NV501 vs. Shark NV360 Review

For people who have been looking for a new upright vacuum cleaner, the name of Shark is likely to come up at least once during their search. Not only do Shark upright vacuums provide users with a solid performance, but they are also sold at a budget price range. The only problem is that it could be difficult for an outsider to decide on which Shark vacuum is best suited for their home use. Shark’s most popular products often fall under two lines, including Shark Navigator and Shark Rotator. So today, we try to address this bugging issue by drawing a comparison between two great models, one from each line, the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360, and Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501.

✲✲✲ Further Reading: [Image: Fk7YO68.gif] Shark NV360 review

Shared technology and design

Judging from their looks, the two models NV360 and NV501 share the same design. They both had a broad cleaning head, a big transparent dust bin, and both stand in an upright position. You can tell them apart based on their signature color schemes. Shark NV360 is blue and gray, while Shark NV501 is red and white.

Not only do these upright vacuums look alike, but they also have the same technology advances that enhance Shark’s user experiences.

[Image: Z2xyhkl.jpg]

Firstly, any Shark vacuum in the Navigator and Rotator series incorporates a powerful cyclonic system. The ‘Never Loses Suction’ Technology provides an amazingly strong suction power that remains consistent over time. Shark vacuums, therefore, are more than competent to handle all kinds of carpet and floor cleaning.

The second advantage of these models lies in their efficient filtration system that is made up of the HEPA filter (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) and the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology. Thanks to this great combination, Shark vacuums are guaranteed to seal in 99.9% of small particles after their captures and not to release anything back into the surrounding environment.

Shark NV360 and Shark NV501 are both very versatile options in terms of their maneuverability and portability. They both employ Lift-Away Technology to allow users to remove the vacuum pods from their main units and use them as handheld devices to reach difficult, narrow spaces. Swivel Steering makes it easy to maneuver the two models around the furniture without hurdles.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

✵✵✵ See This Page: Shark Navigator NV360 reviews [Image: s3FMFAC.gif]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Differences between NV360 and NV501

Shark NV360 and Shark NV501 are two typical models in the Navigator and Rotator lines. The Rotator vacuum is somewhat heavier than its counterpart. Shark NV501 weighs 15.5 pounds while Shark NV360 only weighs 13 pounds. This is bound to make a significant difference to senior users.

[Image: uZENIO7.jpg]

Shark NV501 is the more expensive model out of the two. It has a few upgrades compared to Shark NV360, including a brush roll indicator light and LED lights to support cleaning in the dark corners. It also has a slightly larger dust cup and a longer power cord. Shark NV501. Although it varies among retailers, Shark NV501 may come with more accessories such as a multi-angle brush, a bare floor brush, and a canister caddy.

Both Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV360 and Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E stay true to Shark’s core technologies and performance standards. While [Image: FJ0LyN6.gif] Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360 may lack in some aspects, it is still a cheaper and more lightweight option. If you are keen on a reasonable budget deal, the blue Shark vacuum could be your best bet. Otherwise, if you can afford to pay a bit more, why not enjoy the added benefits brought by Shark NV501? In case you have not been able to make up your mind, we would recommend you check out our detailed Shark NV360 review here.
(06-19-2020, 12:31 AM)AlexNorton Wrote: Hi, new member here

Welcome!

(06-19-2020, 12:31 AM)AlexNorton Wrote: This will be my first daw, used on my 15.6" hp power laptop

I believe you are best served with the "standard" Mixbus. This is your first DAW and the learning curve with DAWs is significant. Also, with your laptop screen you have only limited space, it will be 1920x1080 at best - 32C has a lot more going on in the channel strip, despite this being switchable in v6.

As you mentioned, you can crossgrade to 32C later if you want to, but many users here prefer just Mixbus. Mixbus and Mixbus32C are cousins, but still different DAWs in the mixer section.

HTH
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(06-19-2020, 12:38 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: I believe you are best served with the "standard" Mixbus. This is your first DAW and the learning curve with DAWs is significant. Also, with your laptop screen you have only limited space, it will be 1920x1080 at best - 32C has a lot more going on in the channel strip, despite this being switchable in v6.

As you mentioned, you can crossgrade to 32C later if you want to, but many users here prefer just Mixbus. Mixbus and Mixbus32C are cousins, but still different DAWs in the mixer section.

HTH
MMM

Yep, agree. Start with Standard Version. For an audio device for low budget Focusrite runs pain-free.
https://www.thomann.de/gb/focusrite_scar...ImVuIn0%3D

As a mic, the Rode NT1A is a good All Arounder for the beginning.
However, you next destination should be a 4K Monitor.
iMac 5K Retina, i7, 32GB RAM, 512GB Flash, Catalina; Harrison Mixbus 32Cv6; Nuendo 10; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; Qcon Pro G2; Genelec 8020A & 7040APM
(06-19-2020, 12:31 AM)AlexNorton Wrote: Hi, new member here

As I understand the eqs are different and so the resulting sound will be different.

Start with Mixbus: and it is possible that you will never upgrade. It will not sound different because the EQ are different: You are at the controls. Harrison designed the EQ for mixbus after analysing thousands of eq setting used on their profeessional consoles. 99% of the eq setting can be done with the Mixbus EQ. But one works faster, because there is less to consider.

I fully agree with my neighbour MMM

Kind regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Welcome Alex,
Standard MixBus is the way to go.
Read again what has been said above. These guys know of what they speak. Save a little money and get a good microphone and a decent interface, you will be better served.
Best of luck and remember to bring your questions here, don't get frustrated, there is always an answer.
Alex
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
(06-19-2020, 02:11 AM)Till Wrote: As a mic, the Rode NT1A is a good All Arounder for the beginning.

I'm a big RØDE fan, have the NT1 (the new one), NT2a, a pair of M5... The NT1 in particular is for me what for the "big boys" is the U87 - fits everywhere.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(06-19-2020, 08:44 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 02:11 AM)Till Wrote: As a mic, the Rode NT1A is a good All Arounder for the beginning.

I'm a big RØDE fan, have the NT1 (the new one), NT2a, a pair of M5... The NT1 in particular is for me what for the "big boys" is the U87 - fits everywhere.

MMM

I am a big RØDE fan : My favourite is the NT4 same capsules as the NT5 but the NT4 delivers a great stereo image! Perfect for a good drumkit , great n acoustic guitar Vocals Choirs a brass section a sax section. snd much more : and I am not an Australian !!

Yes Focusrite is a great choice for interface.

questions : just ask her lots of true professionals !

regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
I recently purchased a Golden Age Project D 2 Large Dia. Dynamic Microphone, very useful for kick, cab, alto sax even vocals $150 USD. A much overlooked mic. Performs much like a Shure SM7 in my opinion.
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
Welcome AlexNorton!

I'll agree with the advice so far - Get the standard MB release (is the $69 sale still
going on?). I just recommended that to a new partner studio in my group and the
engineer is really happy with that choice. He's a seasoned studio/live mix engineer
(from the analog era) and his ramp-up time to using a DAW has been remarkably
short due to Harrison's approach to their products.

Get the rest of your studio together with quality gear and by the time you're
comfortable using it all in recording/mixing sessions you'll better know if you
need, or just want, to upgrade to 32C. I think I can assure you that, by then,
32C will be even better!

Cheers!
Patrick

PS., I'm also a Rode fan... I have an NT2A and love it!
Most important is : learn to listen. Educate your ears. Take a real instrument like a grand piano. Play a single note and let it slowly die. Listen close and from far. Find a recording of a grand piano which has the same sound as the real one.

Do the same also with objects : ping a wineglass. Hear the colour change in time. A single bet on a cymbel, a churchbell.

Try to bridge the gap between a musician and a technician. Pitch is a note for a musician, and a frequency for a technician. Play an A and know it is 440 Hz Find the A on the eq.

Lern how the eq sounds : play music or instruments true Mixbus and listen to how it changes when you change the eq. The channel EQ, the Mixbus EQ, the master EQ. Learn how it changes: the sound. Remember the colorization: so later when you hear that colour you now : that to much 250 Hz , too little of that.

Do the same with the plugins you have. Play with them on music you know: and listen to what they do.

Learn how to describe your actions with words. For yourself. and tell yourself why you did it. It helps to remember.

Find the tweak knob on Mixbus.

Listen to (live) music. Listen to music. Follow a single instrument: listen to the total, back to the instrument. Try to see if you can hear each instrument.

Levels. Play with levels on your desk. Make a sound twice as soft. Take a single instrument: lower it at what level compared to others does it disappear?

----
Time for coffee !

Good luck with Mixbus ! It is a rewarding tool

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra