Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CoMondo Presets
Hi is there anyone who can help me load CoMondo presets into my LV2 folder? I've manged to cp MIXBUS PLUGIN PRESETS into /usr/lib/lv2/ but it appears as a folder and the individual presets don't appear unless I open the folder: /usr/lib/lv2/Mixbus Plugin Presets/3D_Triple_Delay_(Stereo)_DigiPlex,_Long.lv2/ (for example). MB session doesn't "see" the presets when I load 3D Triple Delay.

Should I be installing the presets into a hidden folder and if so where?

Thank you.
First I would prefer putting the presets into ~/.lv2 instead of putting them system wide, but that might be personal preference.

Other than that I think search for plugins/presets is not recursive, so you would have to put the folders ending in .lv2 directly into the the path, not the containing "Mixbus Plugin Presets" folder.
(06-16-2020, 03:05 AM)the C.L.A. Wrote: First I would prefer putting the presets into ~/.lv2 instead of putting them system wide, but that might be personal preference.

Other than that I think search for plugins/presets is not recursive, so you would have to put the folders ending in .lv2 directly into the the path, not the containing "Mixbus Plugin Presets" folder.

Sorry for the late late reply and thank you for your time. I figured that after trying to move the (104) .lv2 presets here and there and still not getting anywhere I would backup & reformat. I've now done that.
I think I have 2 issues though:
1. I'm not sure where Mixbus stores it's plugins. They're not in /usr/lib/lv2.
2. The other is that when I try to move (e.g.) 3D_Triple_Delay_(Stereo)_DigiPlex,_Long.lv2 to usr/lib/lv2 I get a syntax error with the ( )'s.

I've contacted Mondo who was really helpful though still didn't solve my dilemma. He did say he was releasing Vs3 soon though and that he would sort out Ubuntu user issues. He is also going to contact Nik at Harrison who uses Ubuntu.

In the meantime I'll do some PD and learn more about the command line.

Cheers CLA
Cool
(06-18-2020, 06:35 PM)likstudio@tutanota.com Wrote: I think I have 2 issues though:
2. The other is that when I try to move (e.g.) 3D_Triple_Delay_(Stereo)_DigiPlex,_Long.lv2 to usr/lib/lv2 I get a syntax error with the ( )'s.

1. If you mean Mixbus' own bundled plugins these are stored in /opt/[Mixbus-version]/lib/LV2 but there generally is no need to touch that. Other than that https://lv2plug.in/pages/filesystem-hier...ndard.html applies, and as a general user I'd only touch the "user specific" path.

2. I don't know if "()" in the path name might generally be considered invalid or if that's a bug. Would probably have to ask Harrison support regarding that. Edit: Just asked on IRC and it was said the "()" in the file name should be fine. So not sure where that syntax error might come from. Maybe post the full error message for more insight.
(06-18-2020, 06:35 PM)likstudio@tutanota.com Wrote: Sorry for the late late reply and thank you for your time. I figured that after trying to move the (104) .lv2 presets here and there and still not getting anywhere I would backup & reformat. I've now done that.
I think I have 2 issues though:

As for "why move them instead of keeping it safe and stay in userspace" I'd say, like The C.L.A. said Wink

Re your syntax error that's an easy and recurrent trouble caused by (what us old fart ITs Angel) call "pathological filenames", including razorback chars, the snag lies in that as a filename that's correct but when you use a filename in a shell it is submitted to its law of the land and in most (in not all) shells will interpret some chars as having a special meaning (as an action or a regexp or a joker).
So to avoid the trouble you'll have to "protect" your filename when using it in a DMZ like a command line is.
for instance you may "escape" every funny char, most shells will be content with \(Stereo\), but the simplest way will certainly be to either detox your filenames/paths or even simpler to *protect* them by using quotes, eg:
Code:
mv -n ~/.lv2/'3D_Triple_Delay_(Stereo)_DigiPlex,_Long.lv2'  /usr/lib/lv2/
Mixbus/32C 5.3.22, 6.2.407 and 7.1.92 on Manjaro midtower i5-6600K 3.5GHz and Manjaro or LibraZik3 on Lenovo X250 i5
Mixbus 5.3.22 and 6.2.407 on Win10x64/Lenovo T40 i7 and X250 i5
audiocards: Scarlett 2i4, Tascam US4x4HR