Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wineasio32 in AV LInux won't register
I realize this is not a direct Mixbus issue, but I am trying to use windows VSTi's on the same computer as Mixbus to record some virtual instruments into Mixbus32C and cannot get wineasio32 to register, so I cannot use the asio setting for the VSTi's to run well. I have tried the application that comes with AVlinux to register wineasio32 as well as using the terminal, and it fails.

I am using the the next to the latest version of AVLinux , 32 bit mode on a Dell Optiplex 9020.

I have been running various versions of Linux for years, including the same version of AVLinux on a laptop, and was always was able to get wineasio audio drivers to work on Windows VSTi's , but I am stumped on this one.

Any thoughts on where to look for the solution?
(05-24-2020, 10:50 AM)keyman69 Wrote: Any thoughts on where to look for the solution?

Which output did wine come with when you tried to register WineAsio and perhaps the exit code might be useful? You can type "echo $?" as the next command after the registration attempt for retrieving the exit code,

If Wine says that it can't load wineasio.dll, it might be because the dll is in an unexpected place, for example, if you have different versions of Wine installed on your system. I hope you solve it, I have never had problems with this (using 64 bit only), so I'm really shooting in the dark.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox