Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
serious popping and crackling in 32C v6.06
Ever since upgrading to the latest Mixbus32C, I'm getting audio slowdown that sounds robotic. The sounds are static like pops and the crackling of beacon being cooked.
It's so bad that the latest version is not usable at all.

I'm on the latest Arch. System set to performance. I only use Mixbus32C for mixing as it's a resource hog and even with 8GB RAM, quad core AMD FX-4100 (4) @ 3.600GHz, I can't record at buffers lower than 1024 so I Record in Ardour or Reaper and mix with 32C.
Mixing at 1024 I get the pops and crackles but changing from 1024 to 512 the chaos stops but getting dsp red warning as it jumps pass 89%.
I even reinstalled Mixbus and still the same crap. The v6 before v6.06 was fine.
Have you a nvidia video card by any chance?
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-8817.html
Do you use alsa or jack? Is it the same with both?
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
I have experienced similar issues but only when opening a session, and restarting it always fixes it.
The link above which leads to advice to disable Sync to VBlank in nvidia-settings I adopted a while ago and it helps fix a GUI freeze issue I had with 2 or more plugin GUIs open; I didn't correlate it with audio glitches but I guess that's possible.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

A remote studio I work with had a similar sounding issue. I recommended he increase
the number of buffers shown in his session startup window. That fixed his problem.

Cheers!
Patrick