Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to send all recorded tracks back to X32 from MB6
Hi All
I seem to be doing this backwards, I have a new session fully recorded in MB6 and would like to bring all the tracks (28) from the USB card into the X32 to then send a stereo wav to my mastering machine,

Although I have used mixbus extensively and being a mainly live engineer, I would like to try fingers on faders for my workflow.

I have tried importing the new MB6 session to Ardour but it wont import it.
I would like to be able to mix in the box and out of the box, is this possible?

Many thanks for your time.

Bob
I would guess you would need a 28 channel in & out soundcard to do this. From the soundcard you'd have to convert it to analog to go into the X32 or MADI or whatever multitrack digital protocol the X32 supports.
I've done this with a Digico SD10 with the Digico UB MADI 48 channel soundcard. It's commonly used live and known as virtual soundcheck. Engineers use it to set up a mix in a new venue using a recording from an earlier gig.

I'm not very familiar with X32 and was not impressed the several times I've seen them used. Are you able to set it up as a MIDI controller for Mixbus rather than route audio through it? That would seem to be a better option if possible.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(03-16-2020, 12:33 PM)wavesound Wrote: Hi All
I seem to be doing this backwards, I have a new session fully recorded in MB6 and would like to bring all the tracks (28) from the USB card into the X32 to then send a stereo wav to my mastering machine,

Although I have used mixbus extensively and being a mainly live engineer, I would like to try fingers on faders for my workflow.

Bob

Your X32 should appear as 32 channel USB sound card - that's the way you recorded it. So now you can open connection manager and connect the track outputs from Mixbus to one out-channel each, which represent your X32. Don't connect the master bus or monitor section. Now you should have a signal in 28 of your X32 channels.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(03-16-2020, 08:02 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:

Bob

Your X32 should appear as 32 channel USB sound card - that's the way you recorded it. So now you can open connection manager and connect the track outputs from Mixbus to one out-channel each, which represent your X32. Don't connect the master bus or monitor section. Now you should have a signal in 28 of your X32 channels.

MMM

Hi thank you I missed the connection manager
Mmmm many many thanks
(03-16-2020, 08:02 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:

Bob

MMM

Hi Yes it does show all 32 channels and when set to out puts in MB I can only get channel 1, I think it's a miss configuration on the x32 myself. I'll battle on!
cheers for your help.
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.